“Stylish & Cosy ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #15 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Stylish & Cosy ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I really like the location, the rooms- including the bathrooms are good, however I did bruise myself very badly getting out of the bath as it also doubled up as a shower tray! Otherwise a chic hotel with pleasant staff & good service. Stylish bar, terrace & restaurant. I would go back despite the bruise!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lynsey H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just stayed three days at The Dylan. It's our favorite spot when in Dublin. All the rooms are slightly different, so the downside is you can sometimes find yourself with a rather small room. This hotel has become very popular over the past three to five years. It's first class for small functions as the staff take very good care of their guests. Breakfast is excellent here also.

This is an excellent location for walking into the city and easy for public transport also.

Overall a nice hotel just south of the city.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room with balcony...there are only a few.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blackrock747
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Dylan for two night in a luxury room. I thought the finishes and décor were top notch, the linen and bedding was also very high quality. All the electronic appliances were also very high quality. My room was quiet and the other problem people seem to have had with non-soft closing doors seems to have stopped. My breakfast was also very good, there is certainly a lot of choice and the champagne on ice, ready to make a bucks fizz was a really nice touch. Very friendly staff too.

All in all it was a pretty pleasant experience. The hotel does have a luxurious feel to it which I enjoyed.

I had a few niggles - it's a 5 star hotel after all and I was paying more than €250 a night...

I was disappointed to not have a bath, when I booked I asked for a room with a bath but there were none available when I checked in.

The service in the bar area really needs to step itself up. I've stayed in loads of 5 star hotels (even non-5 star hotels) where the service is miles better. I asked the barman if he could make me a particular drink not that common in the UK and Ireland and he said curtly, "of course I know to make that." Turns out he didn't have a clue and the drink was not what I ordered but I found it too funny to complain.

I then waited more than half an over for my salad in the terrace area out the back. And no one came to check on me in all that time to ask if I needed anything and I wasn't offered any nuts when I sat down which other patrons were.

My key card stopped working twice and each time I had to mission downstairs to get it updated. On the way up the second time, the front desk staff man said oh, best not put it near your phone as it can wipe the card. Ok, thanks for letting me know. Maybe a good idea to tell your guests at the beginning of their stay?

And sadly, my room wasn't turned down on the second night of my stay. I think possibly because at 5.30pm I was in the room (someone knocked and gave me a chocolate and a bottle of water) but they really should have made a note and come back. It's something I would have completely expected from a 5 star hotel.

I really think if they iron these little things out this will be a top-class hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Billythedog100
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here on business with my partner --it was not our first choice as that was booked at the time--but it turned out to be quite nice. The service is excellent, very kind people working there who are pleasant to deal with. We had some problems with the heater in our room and they were very diligent in dealing with it. Our room was absolutely huge, very unique decor and had a lovely view of the church --we absolutely loved the spaciousness--the bathroom was very simple and could use some updating but it was practical and worked fine for our stay.

We had breakfast at the hotel every morning and enjoyed the service/quality of the food--we also opted for dinner a few nights and both the restaurant and bar had some great options we enjoyed (love the soda bread with the soup on a chilly night).

The hotel is located in a residential area, which was nice--although we had stayed by the Grand Canal before and I personally prefer that location--this location had its benefits in that if you wanted to go for a jog in the morning you are a few blocks from the canal and can enjoy a stroll there. There is no gym in the hotel, but they do offer to take you to a private gym next door that has a few treadmills (free of charge)...I would have preferred a gym at the hotel that allowed for some diverse exercise options as it can be a little cold to go running outdoors in the morning, but that is a personal preference.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RamonoS
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Quite expensive at 209 Euros per night for bed only, and an extra 25 Euros for the full Irish breakfast. Having said that it was to a very high standard and 100% clean at all times. The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly as all the Irish folk seem to be. Evening dinner again was top price but extremely well presented and enjoyable. There was an outside sitting area to the front and a heated sitting are at the rear with TV and heaters.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be of the same high standard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Dylan has all the extra special touches most others don't. The decor throughout is very cool and chic and the rooms I've stayed in have been huge with heated bathroom times, docking station for music, dreamy beds and fantastic customer service. The bar is very busy at the weekends with locals as well as guests which is a sign of a very popular place!! The restaurant while okay is overpriced and I would always go out to eat somewhere else given the option. Recommend this hotel to anyone :)

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This wonderful boutique hotel is worth staying at.
Located in a very nice street, you can walk anywhere without being in the center of Dublin.
The hotel is charming , elegant and extravagant, every room is different than the next one.
The service is great, everybody is eager to help you, we arrived at 3 AM and it was such a pleasure the way the concierge welcomed us.
The breakfast was delicious and the coffee was the best.
The terrace is a great place to rest and have a drink after a long day of touring around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends