“nice hotel”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #40 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 November 2008

i stayed here for one night and enjoyed this hotel .the staff are excellent and were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.the rooms are large and very comfortable and clean.breakfast was good but not excellent.overall i could not find any faults with the hotel but i dont think i would stay here again as i would still make the raddisson at golden lane my first choice in dublin simply becuase it has a much better location and the breakfast is much better.both hotels are around the same price but getting a taxi in dublin at 2am is impossible !!...........you dont need a taxi when staying at the radisson

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank armagh222
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 14 November 2008

My wife and I visited Ireland for the first time in October 2008. Our first stop was Dublin to run the Dublin Marathon (also our first ever marathon). We chose the Dylan based on the many positive reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Let me just say that this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We arrived at the hotel at 6am after coming in on a redeye. We had nowhere else to go so we went to the hotel thinking that the best we would be able to do is drop off our luggage and then roam the streets and find somewhere to eat breakfast and crash in the restaurant booth for a little while.

To our surprise, the front desk team located us a room and allowed us to check in AT 6 AM. It was an incredibly generous gesture considering check-in time is 3pm.

Our stay just got better from there. The room was very big (king size bed) and spotless. The bathroom was also very spacious including an oversized shower/tub.

We got room service many times and the food was perfect each time. A special shout-out to Patrick the concierge who helped our friends pick out a great wine/dessert gift that we discovered in our room one afternoon. Our friends said he was incredibly helpful and followed up with them via phone calls and emails until all the arrangements were completed.

The Dylan bar/lounge is also great - open 24 hours to hotel guests. We took advantage of that one fun night :).

The location of the Dylan is great and you are just around the corner from a bunch of pubs, shops, etc. and about a 25 minute walk to the city centre. There's also a great breakfast/coffee/espresso shop across the street.

The Dylan is a bit pricey, but I can honestly say that it was worth every Euro! Since our return, I have recommended the Dylan to all of our friends and recommend it to any of you looking for a great hotel in Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arpie
Reviewed 20 October 2008

I scoured the internet for a hotel to stay in whilst in Dublin. The trip was booked as a surprise for my husbands 40th birthday ,and I wanted to go to a hotel with a difference and boy did we get that.
The welcome we received on check-in was first class and the fact that Liz, the lovely lady on reception, took us to our room and made sure that everything was satisfactory and explained the service available to us made a great impression on us.
The rooms are very plush and lavishly decorated with a great modern feel, and the underfloor heating in the bathroom was wonderful to feel on bare feet especially after spending six hours exploring Dublin City.
The food was superb and service in the bar and restaurant was exceptional and the fact that we saw two very famous boyband singers eating there kind of gave us an idea of just how highly rated the hotel is.
As a rule we would normally stay in the usual 5 star chain hotels but after our stay in the Dylan we've had a real eye opener and now know what the real meaning of 5 star is!!!!!!

Sarah, South Wales UK

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahSouthWalesUK
Reviewed 12 October 2008

Stayed in this hotel october 11.Words fail to describe this hotel you just have to stay there.From the moment you check in until you leave the staff here just cannot do enough for you and do it like its a pleasure for them rather than for you.When we checked in our room was not ready so they gave us an upgrade to a suite.When we saw the suite we were impressed to say the least it was beautifully appointed and had three tv,s even one set into wall in bathroom.The bar was equally impressive with beautiful decor and fantastic service.When we retired to the room the bed had been turned down and a chocolate and bottle of water had been left on each side of the bed .This kind of attention to detail and thoughtfulness is what sets the dylan apart.If you want somewhere special this is it without a doubt it is well well worth paying a little extra to stay here you will not be disappointed.This hotel is acredit to its management and staff and i look foreward to staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishjohnTipperary
Reviewed 27 September 2008

This was a very disappointing experience .
We arrived mid afternoon and were intensely escorted to our room in the attic of the hotel . The room had a window but you had to stand on a lipstick stained sofa to see out . Stained and torn bed linen was to follow ............
We arrived back at 11.45p.m and requested a drink in the empty bar 35 mins later the night doorman sorted our request I must say my husband could have pulled a better pint!!!!!
Anyway in the morning there was a power cut in our room when I was in the shower.My husband checked the fuse box with little luck .
We then showered in the dark and I mean dark .
Upon check we commented on the problem and the difficulty on requesting help when you are in the middle of a shower this was greeted by shrug of the non English speaking receptionist's
shoulders and no apology . This wasn't the Irish hospitality I had expected .
Our previous visit to Dublin was to the Four Seasons and I can say my next visit will be to the Four Seasons where 5 star means 5 star !!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Belfastbt4
Reviewed 17 September 2008

The Dylan is really over the top. The reception areas, bar, and restaurant were out of this world-like stepping into Wonderland. The staff was friendly, and I thought they'd be snobby! The room, however, is where the hotel really shone, with an amazingly comfortable bed, gorgeous bathroom, tv on a swivel pole in the middle of the room, great desk, etc., etc. We commented that it might be the most amenity rich room we'd ever stayed in. Room service was divine. There really isn't anything to complain about here if you go into it knowing it's a very contemporary, hip kind of place. The only detractor was that the location just isn't very central, a good or bad thing depending on what you're in Dublin for.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NVRam123
Reviewed 13 September 2008

Where do I start?! I booked the Dylan for our first wedding anniversary and although slightly worried about the distance from the centre, the bus stop was 1 mins walk away, so no problem there.

I called the hotel the day before we arrived to arrange a few special extras. Strawberries and champagne on arrival plus a hot bath with rose petals. When we arrived the following day, I cancelled the bath as it was late and I didn't think we'd have time for it. Anyway, during our meal at the Still restaurant, I must have mentioned how tired the both of us were,because by the time we got back to our room, there was the hot bath free of charge!

We were upgraded on arrival to a 'style' room and my husband couldn't contain himself! "This is the best hotel I've ever stayed in..." he could have gone on for hours bless him. The decor may not be to everyone's taste, but I certainly enjoyed the effort they had gone to to design the room. The bed was huge (king I suspect), possibly too big unless shared with 2 more people!

The Still Restaurant is pure quality. The food was amazing and service impeccable. It's one of those places where everyone is well trained, happy to serve and also extremely attractive (sorry hubby!) They were kind to fit us in late in the evening (we'd only arrived at the hotel at 9pm) and serve us with the most succulent steaks they had.

As it's a boutique hotel, there's obviously no pool area, but I think this may spoil it and attract families, which is not really the point of the hotel. Perfect for a romantic getaway. I hope to go there again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008