“Good and Bad. But mostly bad.”

Willow House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #98 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed here for my first two nights in Ireland. The host was very accommodating when my plane arrived a lot earlier in the morning than I thought it would. She even fed me breakfast that morning, even though she didn't have to. She had a fantastic breakfast menu, which I appreciated. Also, the place looked so pretty from the outside. The downsides of this B&B were that the shower would go from super hot to cold to hot again during the entire duration of the shower. Also, the wifi could only be used downstairs in a small little nook, which I found very inconvenient, being that I needed the wifi to contact my family back home to tell them I arrived safely. I didn't want everyone in the house to hear my conversation, of course. Her hospitality was appreciated, but I don't think I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Christine P

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We booked a double room at the Willow's but at the very moment there were 3 of us coming. The host was very flexible and could have us all in a very coisy voilet room on the top floor. The room was warm, clean, had coffee and tea bags. The breakfast - wow, the breakfast was absolutely amazing! One can choose from continental to the typical Irish. I strongly recommend the Irish experience!
The Willow House is very conveniently situated as it there is the fab bus line 16 which takes you from the airport to the house and also brings you to the very centre! =)
So, if you want to have a warm welcome in Ireland- that's the place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dara313
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I have never had to write a negative review but it is worth writing one now.
I don't know the name of the lady who runs the B&B because she never introduced herself but her manner and attitude was terrible.
We were told to check in between 4pm and 9pm so we arrived at 4pm, in the hope we could drop our bags off freashen up and head out again, however even though her car was there no-one answered. We waited for 20minutes in the freezing cold before going for a drink in the pub next door, when we got back (20minute later) the car had gone and now there were 2 other people waiting at the door. We carried on waiting and ringing the number but no answer. Finally she arrived with NO appology and her only words were 'who are you?'. I found this extreamly rude and she showed no further interest in who we are or making our stay any more comfortable. We didn't see her again after this first meeting.
The rooms were very basic and in need of decoration.

Dublin itself was brilliant we had a great time its just a shame our stay at Willow house damped our spirits. We will come back to Dublin but not this B&B.

• Stayed: February 2013
7  Thank Walkiwell
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Just returned from a fabulous week in Dublin with friends. Once again we stayed at Willow House in Drumcondra and we couldn't fault our stay. I had a lovely single room with all the amenities I could ask for. Bernie, our hostess definitely went that extra mile to make us welcome and comfortable. Her breakfasts are exceptional, plenty of choice, cooked to order and beautifully presented. We were greeted as old friends - we had stayed last year - and will definitely stay again when next in Dublin. Everything is provided to give the guest a comfortable stay, and with a bus stop practically outside the door and only ten minutes ride to the centre of the city I think it ticks all the boxes. A lovely area but away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
What more can you ask for on your trip to Dublin...good, clean rooms, great food, a warm welcome and no problems. Thank you Bernie once again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jilldavid3
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Me and my mum stayed at Willow House for 7 nights, along with our friend from England, who stayed for 6 nights. Our room was really clean, bright, airy and fresh with warm, comfy beds and a lovely en suite shower room with a wash basin and toilet. There was also shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, a hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities.
From when we arrived our hostess Bernie made sure we had the most marvellous time and nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast is served from 8am - 10am and there is, quite honestly, the best selection of food I have ever seen in a B&B! From the traditional and amazing "Full Irish" - beautifully cooked by Bernie - to french toast, pancakes, yoghurt (all served with maple syrup and a selection of berries) and a great selection of cereals with fresh milk, toast and soda bread with a variety of marmalades and jams. There is also fresh orange juice and a choice of tea or coffee. I was absolutely thrilled with the great variety of food Bernie offered me each day and we felt so much "at home". My mum had never had breakfast served before with the cheerful greeting she received from Bernie : "There you are Susan, me darlin' girl......" Our stay was absolutely delightful!

There is a bus stop outside the B&B with buses to Dublin City Centre (10 minutes away) every few minutes and Bernie is a mine of information regarding routes, bus numbers etc. There are also shops and cafes nearby and the B&B is in a lovely tree-lined area, near Croke Park and Glasnevin Cemetery and Museum.

Overall i would certainly recommend this B&B and quite frankly I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Eve M
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The Willow house is warm, comfortable and convenient. It is a little outside of the Dublin city center, but the bus stops right outside the B and B and is very easy to use. The Willow House is also a short bus right directly from and to the airport. The owner Bernadette was very helpful and accommodating! She serves a large and delicious breakfast and offers lots of choice in her menu. I would definitely recommend staying here as long as you don't mind being a little away from the city center!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Bernadette was very welcoming and assisted greatly during our 3 night stay. Off street parking is available, transport to the city out the front, and eateries only 50 metres away. We enjoyed our stay very much

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple