“Willow House - a wonderful home from home which NEVER disappoints!”

Willow House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #102 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Willow House - a wonderful home from home which NEVER disappoints!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I spent another truly enjoyable week at Willow House at the end of January with two of my daughters and a friend. This incredible B&B cannot be praised highly enough - due in no small part to Bernie - Dublin's GREATEST landlady! Nothing is too much trouble for her - friendly, welcoming, an excellent cook and a cracking sense of humour! We are always greeted as old friends and a week at Willow House is good for the soul. We shared a beautiful triple room overlooking Drumcondra Road - cosy, immaculately clean and so comfortable, with en-suite WC and shower and tea/coffee making facilities. Bernie's breakfasts are delicious and there is a huge choice - all freshly cooked to order.... Full Irish Breakfast; great omlettes with grilled tomato and cheese; French toast with bacon and syrup; scrambled eggs and bacon or smoked salmon; fresh fruit salad and yoghurt; selection of cheeses and choice of cereal, orange juice, brown soda bread, toast, jams, marmalade, tea, coffee, hot chocolate.......the list is endless! Conveniently situated on the route from Dublin Airport and for buses into Dublin City Centre every few minutes - and near various attractions including Glasnevin Cemetery and Museum, the Botanic Gardens and Croke Park. This is a B&B not to be missed!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SusanWatt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I had booked a double room with almost a months notice for the night before the all ireland final. The was confirmed by the b&b. On the evening before our planned stay I received a message from the management saying there was no room available. No explanation was given. This left us arriving back in ireland from abroad with no accommodation. They didn't even have the courtesy to suggest or advise us of alternative accommodation. Obviously cashing in on the all ireland final happening that weekend. Taking advantage of genuine people on a busy weekend. No better than touts.

Stayed September 2013
6 Thank rosita t
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Very homey, quaint B & B. Friendly owner and the place is very clean and well cared for. Our room was wonderfully cozy and comfortable with all you need to be comfortable when you are away from home. Breakfast was excellent, Bus stop right outside, very short walking distance to cafes and pubs and a little convenience store. We could not have asked for better, thanks for everything Bernadette!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
North East England
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have stayed at Willow House before with friends, this time I introduced my husband to this lovely bed and breakfast in Dublin. We stayed two nights during a tour around Ireland, and once again Bernadette went that extra mile to look after us. We were greeted as old friends and shown to a beautiful double room on the ground floor overlooking the lovely garden. The room was clean and comfortable with an en-suite bathroom. Everything was there for a comfortable stay. Bernadette's breakfasts are a thing to behold, anything you want is there with a friendly greeting. Nothing is too much trouble. We parked our car and used the bus into Dublin City Centre. The bus stop is outside the house, and in less than 20 minutes you are in O'Connell Street.
I hope to return again in the not too distant future, and anytime I'm in Dublin, Willow House is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jilldavid3
Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is a great B&B, right on the bus route from the airport and into the city so very handy. We stayed 3 nights and loved it. We had asked for a family room as there was 3 of us, all adults. Upon arrival Bernie offered the third adult, a room for themselves which was wonderful. It gave us all more room. Rooms were nicely decorated and each day we had fresh towels and our rooms made up. Breakfast was wonderful, Bernie has a large selection all written up on a black board, any one of the choices are excellent plus very hearty. Many thanks for the great hospitality.

Room Tip: Only suggestion I can make is if you are sensitive to the traffic, noise, take ear plugs which my h...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sunnyside, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Very nice place to stay. Had Tea and kettle in Room.
Bus stop just outside door.
Delicious breakfast,clean rooms and Bernie was very helpful and friendly.
It's only a Ten Minute Journey into City Center. Last Bus From City is around 11pm.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank David M
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed here for my first two nights in Ireland. The host was very accommodating when my plane arrived a lot earlier in the morning than I thought it would. She even fed me breakfast that morning, even though she didn't have to. She had a fantastic breakfast menu, which I appreciated. Also, the place looked so pretty from the outside. The downsides of this B&B were that the shower would go from super hot to cold to hot again during the entire duration of the shower. Also, the wifi could only be used downstairs in a small little nook, which I found very inconvenient, being that I needed the wifi to contact my family back home to tell them I arrived safely. I didn't want everyone in the house to hear my conversation, of course. Her hospitality was appreciated, but I don't think I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo