Abbey Court
US$211
US$198
US$270
  • Restaurant
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$321
US$274
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
1,151 results
All reviewshammock roombed female dormbachelors walkfree breakfasttemple barbig hostelsmoking areamixed dormo'connell bridgeperson roomluggage roomcommon roomacross the riverperfect locationshort stayenjoyed my staythe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Abbey court was overall a fantastic place. Yes, getting around is a bit of a maze, but that's what makes it unique and fun to explore. Loved staying in the 12 bed rooms. My stuff was always safe, never like I needed to lock things up, but they have chains to go with a self-supplied lock for the under-bed bins.

Never had a problem with the staff, always nice and helpful. They have yummy chips (crisps) at the front too… for everyone who loves freebies. They have a free luggage room too. And though I didn't have to take advantage of it, they were totally cool with others that checked out but needed a place to hold their luggage.

I wish the kitchen was a little cleaner. They have staff that gets breakfast ready, and it's pretty good: toast, cereal, milk, juice and fresh fruit… I thought it was an amazing breakfast from a hostel and at no additional cost. Back to the cleanliness: it's the people staying there that aren't picking up after themselves which is slightly unfortunate. The kitchen is also long and narrow, which is slightly cumbersome… but no big deal for me - it just wasn't anything I knew beforehand.

Other than that, I wish they would make better use of their cinema room… it was so cool looking! Oh, I traveled solo, I'm 27 and I had no problem finding others to hang out with. Really good mix of people in the hostel.

The rooms were clean, the bathrooms were nothing special, but it wasn't unsanitary. People that rate this place poorly for cleanliness are, in my opinion, going overboard: it's a decent priced hotel filled with young travelers coming in and out often - stuff isn't meant to look like a 5-star hotel, it's a hostel.

Room Tip: I never locked my stuff up and I was in a 10-12 bed (I forget) room. But they have a chain (at no additional cost), you just have to ask and make sure you bring a lock of your own.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Robert O, Manager at Abbey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the lovely review! At the moment the weather is so good - too hot to stay in and watch movies! But we may have 'movie nights' once a week shortly. We are constantly telling people to clean up after themselves - but like everywhere there are people who just don't like cleaning up after themselves. Thanks again for the review! :)

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I visited with two friends who had never stayed in a hostel before and they were a little apprehensive. We arrived to find friendly staff, a clean room and comfortable beds. The toilets and bathrooms were constantly being cleaned and we found the facilities adequate. Breakfast was a bit basic - cereal, toast, pastries and a bit of fruit but the kitchen facilities were clean and well equipped to cook your own food. There was also a computer room, wifi and our favourite the chill out room with hammocks. Abbey Court was an excellent first impression of a hostel for my friends who have both said they would stay in one again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Robert O, Manager at Abbey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

So glad you and your friend were happy with your stay! Please come back again soon! :)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My friends and I booked this hostel almost a year in advance for St Patrick's weekend of 2014. 4 days before we were due to arrive, 3 of our party dropped out due to financial reasons, so I gave the hostel and email about cancelling the beds, in which they were happy to do! (Save us 4 students paying for the other 3 beds!) Very kind. The staff were very helpful at all times, helping us direct ourselves around town and what trams and buses to catch to certain places. Only time I didn't enjoy myself around the staff was when I went for a pint in the bar out the back, the old Irish man behind the bar was very rude to me because I was English. I stayed to listen to what he had to say about me and the English, finished my pint and left, never going back to his bar. The downstairs kitchen area was great, every guest would cook for themselves, eat and then without hesitation wash up. I have stayed at places before where people don't bother to wash up! Everyone we got speaking to who was a guest was very friendly. Downstairs living area has a little old TV and some sofas which is perfect for some relaxation after a long day out exploring Dublin.

The rooms were just what you'd expect, bunk beds, a lock underneath the beds and a shower room with a toilet shared between a 12 bed dorm. The rooms where cleaned every morning, bed sheets changed and wash room. Around the hostel, there was various other shower rooms and toilets which were open for use for any other guests. These were also very clean.

Wifi did struggle to remain connected on Mobile Phones, I had to keep on re-entering the password, however on my friends Mac Book it worked all the time.

Vending machine downstairs with cans of Lager and Guinness, if I remember correctly and they were slightly pricey, but the machine was ideal for when we returned in at 4am and each wanted 1 can and all offies being shut!

The location couldn't have got any better, Burger King around the corner, Temple Bar area just across the bridge and a Tesco Express just 5 minutes walk away on Fleet Street.

Overall, our trip to Dublin for St Patrick's weekend was completely by this fantastic hostel, highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Robert O, Manager at Abbey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hey - thank you so much for the detailed review! We appreciate it. Wifi on phones gets a little slower when we are so busy but we are constantly updating it.

The Management

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The private rooms are a bit cramped, but pretty standard for a hostel. They are in a great location, very quiet, clean, and quite comfortable. The staff was largely very helpful and there was a lot of information on things to do in the area at the reception desk. They held luggage for us for a few days as well for a small fee, 2 euro a day I believe.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert O, Manager at Abbey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for the review! We also have free locked luggage storeage downstairs for guests to use.

Yvonne

Reviewed 24 June 2014

It was obvious there were people living here.. We stayed in a 20 female dorm and there were at least 3 women living there long term, one left the lights on log hours to work from her bed...

There was MOLD ALL OVER THE WALLS ALONG THE CEILING RIGHT NEXT TO OUR HEADS. (Guinness room)

Staff was nice, hammocks were nice. Communal showers were time operated (repeatedly hit the button for water) there are showers with normal free flowing water, I personally always used the single stall across the pink communal shower room

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ashley S
Robert O, Manager at Abbey Court, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Hello! Thank you for your review. Some people come to the hostel intending to live in Dublin and they stay here while looking for accommodation. Our maximum length of stay is 28 days. We have dealt with the issue of mould.

The Management