“Great guest house”

Leeson Bridge Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Had a great stay at the leeson bridge guest house, it was in a good location with about a 20 min walk into city centre and a bus stop right outside too. Appartment was lovely,really spacious and clean and quiet. Breakfast was great with lots of choice and you can definitely fill up for the day. Staff were really friendly and helped us to get around with bus numbers etc.. We would definitely come back here :)

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This B&B is pretty close to the St. Stephen's Green Park (about a 5 min. walk or about 1 min. by bus) which makes it quite central. The area is safe and nice and it is a good starting point for all activities.
Although it is located at a junction the traffic noise wasn't that bad due to good window isolation.
The room we stayed in was tiny and the walls were unfortunately really thin so we could hear every single word of our neighbours :/
Breakfast was lovely and sufficient and the woman managing it is an absolute sweetheart!
For us it was a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Probably rooms to the backyard can be a bit more quiet but due to the thin walls it might be good to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my friend stayed in a twin room for 3 nights when we came to visit Dublin. We arrived to the hotel about an hour early for check-in but they were quite happy for us to drop our bags in the room and get comfortable before going out to explore some of the city.

Despite the room being on the main road we really didn't notice the outside noise. The only noise we did hear was the occasional creeking of the stairs or rooms above us but nothing that disturbed us particularly.

The room and hotel itself was very clean and tidy and felt very homely with friendly staff. Had a couple of conversations with couple of people on reception who were really friendly and helpful and gave us some good tips for where to go and how to get around.

The breakfast was delicious....I am still feeling very guilty for having a full irish breakfast each morning of our stay but it was so yummy. Little surprised at how small the dining room was given the number of rooms but we only had to leave and come back later once which really wasn't a big deal.

If I go back to Dublin I would definitely consider staying in Leeson Bridge Guesthouse again. The location was the perfect distance from the city centre - it was in a lovely part of the city, far enough from the hustle and bustle but in good walking distance to the places we wanted to go.

Thanks very much for having us and for a great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura I
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival we were late. Reception was closed though they had left us keys and clear instructions on how to get to room and operate WiFi etc. Our room was very small but light and airy with everything you would expect. WiFi was good and constant, so it looks like they've sorted that. My only complaint and it's a serious one is that there was no hot water (at all) on arrival. I left the water running for 15 minutes. Not a drop! In the morning had one quite cool but not cold shower, then it went cold. No hot shower available for my partner. There was really hot water coming from the tap in the basin though. There must be a fault with the shower mechanism? I reported to the reception who were very pleasant. On a positive note, the location is quite nice and on a major bus route in to Dublin. Also on the main coach route to the airport, so a good place to stay if you're flying out on the next day. On balance, I guess I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My sister, daughter and I stopped for one night as we were attending a concert in Dublin. We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who said if we waited for a few minutes our room would be ready. She showed us into the lounge and before long we were shown to our room in an adjacent building. We were on the second floor and had a corner room. There was a double bed and a single bed. The room had a small sauna but unfortunately we didn't have time to use it. There was also a jacuzzi bath but again we were unable to use it due to time constraints.

The room was bright and airy and very clean. There was tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer and free wifi. The room was on the main road so there was quite a lot of traffic noise but it didn't really keep us awake. The shower was very powerful but during the second shower the water became quite cool and unfortunately the third shower was pretty cold. When this was mentioned next morning we were told that had we waited a short time it would have reheated. This would have been better had we known beforehand.

We went down for breakfast next morning which is downstairs in the main building. There seemed to be plenty of staff but unfortunately we had to ask for quite a few things. Firstly there was no sugar in the sugar bowls. We had to ask for more bacon and when I went to get my breakfast there were no plates. I had to wait whilst one of the staff washed and dried plates which was slightly disappointing. After saying that the breakfast was very good. Cereal, Danish pastries, fresh fruit salad, bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomatoes and beans. There was also some cheese and tomatoes. There were 2 toasters but there was only white bread and I much prefer brown bread. That being said the breakfast was good the staff just need to pay attention and make sure everything is filled and ready for use.

I would recommend this hotel as it is in a good location near to plenty of restaurants, bars and shops. St Stephen's Green and Grafton Street is about a 20-30 minute walk away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Travelling with 4 people (2A, 2C ages 9&3) I don't expect to have perfect facilities, but these were far from that. Stayed only one night and glad were didn't stay longer.
Two single beds were added to an already small room, making moving around our bags dufficult.
Quite old, but I guess, so is Dublin so can't expect modern facilities.
TV stopped working and was replaced quite quickly.
Room had a separate kitchenette room that I didn't know about when booking - not sure if other rooms had the same arrangement. Had a washer/drier but it didn't work.
Check-in / out was easy (as it should be) and reception staff were friendly and helpful.
Not sure about general proximity to city for price... But was 30min walking distance from Guinness Storehouse and 2min walk from The Sussex hotel with nice food.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Phill G
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Nice area. I had a double room with a small kitchen an d indipendent entrance. Plenty of light and comfortable enough (a part from the toilet which was really too small).
Good value for money overall. Little annoying they didn't change once my bed sheets over my three nights stay

• Stayed: May 2014