“Typical train station fare”
Review of Bean & Gone

Bean & Gone
Ranked #149 of 209 Coffee & Tea in Dublin
Description: Bean & Gone Coffee Shop is located on the Concourse of Connolly Train Station. We serve a range of freshly brewed Bewley's Coffee's and Tea's. We have a Hot & Cold Deli Counter where you can choose from a large range of hot foods or freshly prepared Sandwiches & Salads. We also sell a range of Takeaway Beers & Wines. Eat in or Take out.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had a minced beef pastie from Bean & Gone while waiting for our train. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it satisfied our hunger.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I was a Frequent customer of the Oslo bar and I won't be returning .. The staff were great , but recently they have all gone ,, the new staff are not as welcoming as the previous staff snd I feel it's the staff that make a bar but the new staff don't do it for me ,, the new manager is very ignorant in my opinion and the atmosphere has changed drastically but unfortunately not for the better ,,, plenty of better bars in the same area to visit

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Chicken club ciabatta - worst sandwich I have ever experienced. Honey mustard chicken sandwich not much better. Coffee - passable. Price -expensive. Overall - dire!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The "Oslo" is a complex of coffee dock, snackery, bar and restaurant. The lunch menu in the restaurant is fairly inexpensive for the captive market at train stations. Most mains cost around €9 with some snack meals a little less. This is a useful place to know about if taking the train or just waiting for an arrival - have a coffee on the raised deck area and watch the world pass by.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

I visited here twice within a couple of days while waiting for trains at Connolly Station around lunchtime, once on a Thursday and once on a Monday.

The food on the first occasion was really good (salmon fillet with sweet chili glaze with salad and chips), but not as good on the second (roast turkey with potatoes and vegetables). Both times enjoyed a glass of white wine which was very palatable. Service was very good on both occasions (especially from the pregnant lady on the till).

The big let down on both occasions were the bathroom. The one at the top of the bar was too small and had no loo roll. Fitting into the cubicle was a bit of a squeeze and I know I am not a skinny little thing, but you should be able to get into the loo without wedging yourself against the seat! With this in mind, on the second visit I tried the disabled bathroom near the dining area. The size of this was fine and the bathroom fittings were clean, but the room itself could have done with a lick of paint, not to mention a wipe down of all the ledges.

Prices seemed a bit steep to me, but this was compared to in the UK and if I had a bit more time and was not lugging a case around with me, I might have ventured a bit further afield for some lunch on the second occasion. As it was, the food was reasonably tasty and the place wasn't too overcrowded. I have visited previously and will no doubt visit again on my next trip over to Ireland.