“Disappointed”

Ranked #107 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Prague, Czech Republic
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I was looking for an extra night accommodation in Dublin. I generally like the friendliness of B&B's and picked the Abrae Court because of its photos and outline. I was very disappointed with what I found. The room was minute and looked nothing like the photo online. The shower was even smaller (and I am a slight person) and the taps at the washbasin were timed to cut out like in a public toilet. Although my room was very clean the common room and stairway looked tired and in need of some attention. The person receiving me told me straight off that it was cash only. She showed me to my room but provided no further information. The room had no phone and to get to reception I had to make an outside call on my mobile phone. For one night ok. Would I go back there - No.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank rosie_orr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed at this B&B several years ago and it was fine. But it has now has new management and they have upgraded the place considerably. Comfortable rooms, a terrific public sitting room and a lovely dining room all contribute to a great experience. They are also very accommodating if you have dietary requirements. I'd recommend this facility without reservation.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NewYorkChu
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I spent a week-end in Dublin with a friend. The B&B is not far from the city center (you'll need to take a bus, many of them drive nearby).
The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was nice and well heated. The guesthouse is quiet.
I forgot a necklace in the room when I left, and the staff sent it by mail to my home address in France, which was a huge relief.
I can only recommend this Guesthouse !

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
dublin
Reviewed 7 April 2010

When I saw this Guesthouse was being newly renovated I spoke to its new owner about putting up myself and 5 friends for a 3 day visit to Dublin. She was very helpful and having seen the rooms I booked us in. The location in Rathgar is a very upmarket, and near enough to the city centre. The house is a beautiful Victorian 3 story building with additional rooms out the back. The free parking was a bonus. Overall our stay was very good, the breakfast was excellent and the room were warm, quite and comfortable. I would recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Aberdeenshire
Reviewed 12 December 2007

Booked through GoIreland.com. Found the place to be very grubby, badly stained bed cover, stained carpeting in the bedroom, broken light fitting and extremely uncomfortable sagging bed. The bathroom smelled of bad drains. Breakfast was no better. Sat at a dirty table, wall splashed with food and drink, little choice. Would not reccommend to anyone who wanted somewhere quiet, clean and friendly. Was not cheap either. Look out for the threadbare carpets on the stairs!!

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — Dismal atmosphere
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Broadsea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
The Merrion Hotel
#112 of 150 in Dublin
Ardagh House
Ardagh House
#1 of 4 in Rathgar

Been to Abrae Court Guesthouse? Share your experiences!