“Still liked it apart from being cold!”

Kingfisher Townhouse
Ranked #66 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Absolutely great location for this accommodation! Very close to where majority of the tours start, the main shopping district and also there the airport link services run. The staff were friendly and helpful, rooms clean and bright. I stayed in room 11 on the top floor and had paid for a room for one person but was given a room that sleeps four! Strange. Bit of a hike with the stairs (no lift) but it did not bother me as I've had a lot worse. The room looked out onto the street so it was a bit noisy. A few faults of the room: the window on the far left would not close properly so letting cold air and street noise in, the heater would not work either (I tried everything) did not help the cold, also the shower would not produce hot water in the morning (the first afternoon was fine) so it was either a cold shower after a cold nights sleep with an open window and no heater or no shower. Opted for no shower, much better! TV was good too, same as wifi. Breakfast in the attached Kingfisher Restaurant was great, as was the food there and the cafe next door (discount for meals). Great hotel but all I can think of was that it was very cold! Glad there was no one else in the other beds as I had to get an extra doona from them!

Room Tip: Make sure that the heater works and the windows shut! Hopefully you have better luck with the hot wa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cinta_Mac

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Kingfisher for three nights at the beginning of a two week vacation. What a great way to start off the trip! It was a perfect location to walk around and see all of Dublin. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We took a red eye flight into Dublin that ended up being an awful shaky flight and didn't sleep at all, and we were afraid we would have to just drop off our stuff and wait until check-in time but they had a room open when we arrived and they let us check in early. This made up for our nightmare flight (Kingfisher> US Air)! Included in our stay was free breakfast and one free dinner at the Kingfisher restaurant, which were both delicious! We liked the bars nearby too. Everything close and in walking distance. Rooms were nice too. Not big but the perfect size for the two of us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara R
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Visited the hotel on a 5-night special (for the price of 4). I was not expecting this old-fashioned but stylish sliver of a hotel would be so cool and modern inside. It is right next door to it's namesake restaurant: The Kingfisher . Greatest combo ever. The bus from and to the airport brought us within walking distance. Only 7-8 euros to to take the red bus.
There are no elevators, so beware if you have bad knees. The stairs are narrow but safe and look like quite beautifully polished heavy oak (?). Very clean rooms and cleaner-uppers do a good job. Breakfast was delicious, tasty dishes and dessert were incredible...try the bread and butter pudding (I think that's what they called it). The front office staff allows entry to the hotel via a front door buzzer. There was always someone there and so I felt very safe and secure. The staff was also friendly and helpful, assisting with any questions regarding sightseeing, transportation, and a even a couple of times, they helped us carry our bags upstairs.
The hotel is centrally located...we love to walk, so we walked everywhere from Trinity College to Christchurch and got a bus ride to the Guinness Storehouse (then walked back for dinner at the hotel) . After all that walking...no fitness center was needed (er....I never looked for one). I WOULD DEFINITELY REVISIT AND RECOMMEND (as long as you can walk up those stairs)

Room Tip: The street is busy. I am from Los Angeles, so it does not bother me. If you are sensitive, bring sof...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Recently stayed here for three nights and couldn't fault the entire experience. The location is excellent for shopping in the city centre. The room we were in was perfect with a big comfy bed and serviced daily. Breakfast was included in our package and the vegetarian and the irish big breakfast were both great. The staff in both the restaurant and the townhouse were friendly and nothing seemed to be a problem. The late checkout was an added bonus on our final day. Excellent value for money!

Room Tip: We had room 12 on the top floor which was superb although there were stairs to get to the room which...
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Kingfisher for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. Check in was quick and easy. The balance for our stay was not charged to my card so we paid cash (advisable if coming from outside of Ireland as most banks charge for card transactions.) The room was lovely - modern decor, very clean and good facilities. Although the hotel was on a busy road, we had no trouble sleeping and could barely hear the traffic. Toiletries were provided which we found useful with the limits on bringing liquids in hand luggage and I asked for a hairdryer from reception which was provided no problem. The room also had a large t.v, heater, tea/coffee making facilities and clean towels were provided each day.

The breakfast was really good and the price for B&B was great value (£116). We had breakfast both days - I had a regular and my boyfriend had a full Irish as we were told we could have whatever we wanted included in the room rate. The restaurant for breakfast was next door to the hotel entrance so reception gave us a coupon for our food when we came down each morning to take which was well organised. The staff at the reception and in the restaurant were friendly and helpful and we were able to leave our luggage in the hotel after check out on our last day until our transfer home at 4pm.

The location couldn't have been better. Our airport transfer (Aircoach) dropped us at O'Connell Street which was just round the corner from The Kingfisher. There were plenty of restaurants/shops nearby and a Tesco with cashpoint next door which was useful. The hotel was a 5 minute walk to The National Leprechaun Museum, around 10/15 minutes to Dublin Castle and Trinity College and around 15 minutes to the docklands (for the Christmas Festival).

Overall, we would recommend The Kingfisher for the great location, value and high standard of accommodation provided.

2  Thank Libby J
Reviewed 6 December 2013

me and my husband our only back after a 2 night stay in the kingfisher and have to say from the moment we arrived to check in the lady on the desk was very friendly and welcoming and when we went to are room we were very pleased, it was tastefully decorated and very clean super vaule for money, and the location was fab. as for Breakfast what can I say it was amazing and the choice was great, we also had an evening meal as well and again was not let down and the staff were all very welcoming and friendly. it made are 2 night stay even better a great way to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary . we would 100% recommend the kingfisher and cant wait to go back

Room Tip: room 5 is a fad room
1  Thank ddxx
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Me and my brother took my father to Dublin for his birthday.
I really can not say anything bad about this place the staff was friendly rooms where great
And the breakfast was a full Irish breakfast was fresh and hot.
If you want a good value place to stay I would suggest this place.

Many thanks and we will see you next year

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family