“Lovely”

Kingfisher Townhouse
Ranked #65 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Arrived from sunny Croatia to rainy Dublin and was not loving it until I checked in at this hotel. The lady on reception, who's name I have unfortunately forgotten but I believe she was from Romania, was so lovely!! We had a good talk and she gave me advice about the surrounding area.

The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the bathroom had nice finishes. The only complaint was it was a little chilly in the room but I am sensitive to the cold.

The fish and chip store downstairs and to the left is an absolute must!! I ate there twice and they are up there with some of the best meals I've had. The chicken burger was so so good.

If you are after a nice spot to explore some of Dublin's fair city from this is a great choice.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AA_Gynther

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Was over in Ireland for a wedding and flew into Dublin as we love the city.Stayed in the Gresham on the first night as a treat and was not impressed in the slightest. Having stayed up in Drogheda for the wedding we booked into the Kingfisher on the sunday and could not fault it for the friendly, helpful staff, immaculate rooms and a great breakfast with plenty of options in the adjoing restaurant.
All this for only 60 euros

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matt m
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is well located to explore Dublin city centre. On arrival our room was available 3 hours before the usual check in time. Our room was on the top floor and was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent with a great choice. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Charj24
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I was desperate to book this place after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and I was so happy to secure a Triple Room for our stay. The room was of course on the small side, but we each got our own single bed and we didn't really plan on spending too much time in the room anyway.

The townhomes are close to everything and only about 10-15min. walk to Temple Bar, Trinity College and shopping. It is also a 2 min. walk from the hop-on-hop-off bus and Airport Express Bus. There is someone at the front desk 24-hours a day and the free breakfast was definitely a huge bonus. The best part-you didn't have to just get the traditional Irish Breakfast. I had it once, but got eggs and scones the other days :)

We were very happy with the value, service, location and cleanliness of these townhomes.

Room Tip: I'm told there are two Kingfisher locations. Make sure you book the townhomes on Parnell street...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahbear1128
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Just spent the weekend in the Kingfisher Townhouse, we arrived on the Friday afternoon, very easy to find and it has an amazing location only 5mins from the luas, Jervis shopping and O'Connoll Street. The lady that checked us in was so helpful and welcoming and had a welcome package available with vouchers for the restaurant and places to visit while in Dublin. There is no lift which was fine for us as we are only 19 and 20 yrs old. The room was spacious and clean. There was no hair dryer but that could be obtained from the main desk. The view from the bedroom was amazing are you could see what was in close proximity. The shower personally for me was too strong pressure wise and hurt a little on my back due to the force.Whenever you leave the hotel you must also hand in your key at the front desk (which is open 24hrs a day). They were kind enough to bring us breakfast in bed on the Saturday morning (which we later found out is something that is never do). We rang main desk on Sunday looking for breakfast in bed again but the man on the main desk was a little rude to my boyfriend saying it wasn't on option. We went down for breakfast but it was very busy and very enclosed. We personally felt rushed to leave as soon as we were finished which wasn't the ideal way to start the morning of our last day. We checked out the the manager gave us a reduction due to the confusion over breakfast. They kept our bags for us while we explored the city a little more before taking the train home again. Overall I would come back as it was very enjoyable besides the few minor details.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EllenOSB93
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Absolutely great location for this accommodation! Very close to where majority of the tours start, the main shopping district and also there the airport link services run. The staff were friendly and helpful, rooms clean and bright. I stayed in room 11 on the top floor and had paid for a room for one person but was given a room that sleeps four! Strange. Bit of a hike with the stairs (no lift) but it did not bother me as I've had a lot worse. The room looked out onto the street so it was a bit noisy. A few faults of the room: the window on the far left would not close properly so letting cold air and street noise in, the heater would not work either (I tried everything) did not help the cold, also the shower would not produce hot water in the morning (the first afternoon was fine) so it was either a cold shower after a cold nights sleep with an open window and no heater or no shower. Opted for no shower, much better! TV was good too, same as wifi. Breakfast in the attached Kingfisher Restaurant was great, as was the food there and the cafe next door (discount for meals). Great hotel but all I can think of was that it was very cold! Glad there was no one else in the other beds as I had to get an extra doona from them!

Room Tip: Make sure that the heater works and the windows shut! Hopefully you have better luck with the hot wa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cinta_Mac
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Kingfisher for three nights at the beginning of a two week vacation. What a great way to start off the trip! It was a perfect location to walk around and see all of Dublin. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We took a red eye flight into Dublin that ended up being an awful shaky flight and didn't sleep at all, and we were afraid we would have to just drop off our stuff and wait until check-in time but they had a room open when we arrived and they let us check in early. This made up for our nightmare flight (Kingfisher> US Air)! Included in our stay was free breakfast and one free dinner at the Kingfisher restaurant, which were both delicious! We liked the bars nearby too. Everything close and in walking distance. Rooms were nice too. Not big but the perfect size for the two of us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple