I’m really really satisfied with the hotel. Actually we needed 2 single rooms and first we wanted to book 2 rooms in a budget hotel that would cost 436€ for 4 nights. Then I found the Kingfisher apartment for 320€! What a big difference! Being crammed in a small hotel room or enjoying the space and freedom an apartment can give – we decided quickly. We arrived late at night (took a taxi from the airport for 20€), the receptionist was really friendly; he showed us the apartment (which was number 43) in the building appr.50 metres away from the reception. He also helped us with the luggage. Wow, we were amazed!!! It’s a quite big and modern apartment, a large living room (TV, DVD, Internet modem) facing the street (soundproofed windows to the balcony!). A part of the living served as the kitchen, which was equipped with all modern conveniences (micro, kettle, oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer). We found some bottles of mineral water in the fridge, tea, coffee and sugar on the table – which was supplied every day by the maid. 2 light, modern bedrooms, with extremely comfortable beds and big wardrobes, facing to a nice, quiet, grassy roof-garden. Each bedroom had its own bathroom! In the bigger bedroom there were a single and a double bed, in its bathroom a bathtub, a washbasin, a toilet and a hairdryer. The smaller bedroom had a double bed, the bathroom was equipped with a shower. There were heaters in every room which I could turn on and off whenever I wanted (it was quite good for me as the nights were a bit cool). The apartment was serviced every day, we got clean towels, coffee, tea.
The staff was really kind and helpful, Mat at the reception answered all my questions and gave useful pieces of advice about sightseeing, public transport, etc. One day we travelled to Howth (it was his recommendation) and he printed out a map of the town for us. The lady at the reception (I don’t know her name) was also helpful, before our departure she printed out our boarding passes from my pen drive.
We had 2 breakfasts in he Kingfisher restaurant, it was quite good (but visitors should try the Kylemore cafe on the corner of O’Connell and the street opposite Henry street – just behind James Joyce’s statue - all day breakfast, 4 item is 4.95, 5 item is 5.95)
Well, as for the location: I think it’s a perfect place to explore Dublin on foot. Temple Bar is a 10 minute walk. We went everywhere on foot, to Howth we took the Dart (30 min. trip) from Connolly station (back from Howth bus No.31 took us to the centre); to the Guinness storehouse we took the Luas from Abbey street.
All in all, I was amazed with the place, clean, modern, well-equipped, great location, kind staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kingfisher is a family run business for over 38 years. The Kingfisher is located in the heart of Dublin, ideal when visiting Dublin . Our recently refurbished boutique rooms make it the perfect base for exploring the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Kingfisher Townhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Townhouse Hotel Dublin
- Kingfisher Hotel Dublin
- Kingfisher Hotel Apartments