Kildare Street Hotel by theKeyCollection
The Alex(Dublin)
The Merrion Hotel(Dublin)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrinity collegegreat locationnassau streetnational librarytop floortemple barfamily roomnight porterreception desktea and coffeeenjoyed my staydouble bedcity centreduplexirelandstephenspubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A very nice hotel, welcoming staff, in a great part of Dublin. Walking distance to shops, pubs, restaurants. I stayed on the 2nd floor, no lift, not a problem to me and indeed I was offered help with my bag. If you are a light sleeper, some street noise might be a problem. Also, there is a nightclub below the hotel, this does not operate every day. again it might be a little noisy. Yes I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over a weekend recently. Convenient location was main draw for me.
Parking is easy to locate and only a short walk from hotel, and a warm welcome was received on check in, with assistance with luggage offered if needed (there's no lift).
My room was well equipped and spotless.
Only negative is noise due to bar/club downstairs, and to people coming/going to a shared bathroom in hallway (the bathroom door was opposite my room). This didn't bother me much but if you weren't out late yourself or are a light sleeper, ear plugs would be a must.
All in all, I had a good stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband was running the Dublin marathon and this hotel was the closest to the start and finishes line. So I booked it.
We booked two rooms as we were travelling with friends, the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Our room was on the second floor so the noise was less, our friends room was on the first floor which was quite noises, however being a city centre hotel it is to be expected and it did not take away from a fabulous holiday. The staff were fantastic they could not have been more helpful and friendly.
We would without a doubt stay there again and again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle D, Manager at Kildare Street Hotel by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the lovely review and tell your husband well done again on running the Marathon! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will book with us again for next years Marathon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a fabulous time at the Kildare. We had early arrival flights, so got to the Kildare a long time before our room was ready. We went to the bar on the main floor and had a fabulous Irish breakfast, a wonderful start to our journey in Ireland. It was a great locale convenient to restaurants, shops, parks, Trinity College and museums. The men at the front desk were top shelf. We were on the second or third floor (no elevator) and they always helped with our large luggage. The room was fine - you do have to keep in mind that you are over a bar, so it can be noisy at night, but we were prepared with ear plugs. The room and bath were clean and nice. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Indianatravelers47

Hi there and thank you for your lovely review.

Myself and the staff here at the Kildare Street Hotel pride ourselves on excellent customer service and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you as a return guest and thanks again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We booked this hotel at short notice for 1 night. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly but the decor and upkeep is in dire need of some work. Water damage stain in ceiling of bedroom, mould stains over shower area. Bulb not working in centre light. Wallpaper off in patch on wall. These jobs wouldnt take much to do but would make a huge difference to the overall experience. The noise level from traffic in this hotel was exceptionally high even for a city centre location, no weatherglazing - and there was an extractor or fan at the rear of the buildings which made it impossible to stay in those rooms. Found the hotel expensive for what it offered.

Overall the only thing going for this hotel was the convenience of the location and the friendly staff, but I would not be staying there myself again.

Room Tip: Earplugs would be a good idea if you're looking for a nights sleep
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrelandPat

Hello and thank you for your review and thank you for staying with the Kildare Street Hotel.

Firstly I would like to let you know that all issues in the particular room you stayed in have since been addressed & rectified and we are sorry it wasn't up to scratch for your stay. We hope youll stay with us again on your next trip.