“Great location, great staff”

Kildare Street Hotel
Ranked #55 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The room was a bit shabby, but you can't beat the location or the price. The room was the perfect size for my group (spouse and parents). We only stayed for one night, but appreciated being in the middle of it all. Our departure was very early, but the front desk went out of their way to give us a bite to eat and help us get a taxi. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Kildare Street Hotel

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Was ok room but was rather small and dated and it smelled of smoke most of the time. glad we didn't spend much on the room. the restaurant next door is costly but was rather good food but fortunately you don't have to stay at the hotel to eat there.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

On arrival I was given a larger room than ordered and it was clean, that is where the good bits stop. It was FREEZING heating was off and there was absolutely no heating in the bathroom whatsoever not even a heated towel rail. When I called reception I was given an oil radiator to plug in. In the 21st century in a big city how can they not have central heating? Then on Saturday night there was the nightclub downstairs BOOMING (I am not a boring person) but I had to take neurofen as the bass made my head shake on the pillow the vibration was so intense. This went on until 2.45am so hardly a nights sleep. They said it says on their website that it is not a quiet hotel, I didnt see this but there is not quiet and the reality that the 2 things of a night club under a hotel the way it is there do not match. On leaving I asked for a partial refund but was told as I had paid (stupidly) in advance that they could not do so but if I had not they could have charged me less. You work that out..... This is almost the worst place I have ever stayed and I have travelled the world and like to party.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The location is tremendous and the price unbeatable. They do not provide free parking, however there is a parking garage near by. There is free Wi-Fi in the public area. Everyone who worked there was lovely!

For the $$ we had absolutely no complaints. The rooms have some updates, could use more, but who cares! You shouldn't be spending that much time in your room anyways.

No elevator, don't pack a ton!

Also, be warned there is some loud dance music on some nights. However, some ear plugs and we were good to go.

Can't complain!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A very nice hotel, welcoming staff, in a great part of Dublin. Walking distance to shops, pubs, restaurants. I stayed on the 2nd floor, no lift, not a problem to me and indeed I was offered help with my bag. If you are a light sleeper, some street noise might be a problem. Also, there is a nightclub below the hotel, this does not operate every day. again it might be a little noisy. Yes I would stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here over a weekend recently. Convenient location was main draw for me.
Parking is easy to locate and only a short walk from hotel, and a warm welcome was received on check in, with assistance with luggage offered if needed (there's no lift).
My room was well equipped and spotless.
Only negative is noise due to bar/club downstairs, and to people coming/going to a shared bathroom in hallway (the bathroom door was opposite my room). This didn't bother me much but if you weren't out late yourself or are a light sleeper, ear plugs would be a must.
All in all, I had a good stay and would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband was running the Dublin marathon and this hotel was the closest to the start and finishes line. So I booked it.
We booked two rooms as we were travelling with friends, the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Our room was on the second floor so the noise was less, our friends room was on the first floor which was quite noises, however being a city centre hotel it is to be expected and it did not take away from a fabulous holiday. The staff were fantastic they could not have been more helpful and friendly.
We would without a doubt stay there again and again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle D, Manager at Kildare Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the lovely review and tell your husband well done again on running the Marathon! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope you will book with us again for next years Marathon.

Warm Regards,