“Weekend stay”

Hilton Dublin Kilmainham
Ranked #21 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here for my birthday last month. The hotel is a little bit out of the city center, but it we have a car, so it wasn't an issue.
The front desk staff, namely Anna and Michael, were very helpful in dealing with an issue I had with my booking.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Wow - I made the mistake of ordering breakfast in bed after a Saturday night out. Breakfast arrived. Poured the milk over the cereal, handed the girl the payment. No cutlery! she returned 15 minutes later with my change (still no cutlery) by the time someone did bring the cutlery (the staff thought this amusing when I had to phone) the cooked breakfast was so cold it was inedible and the cereal was like starch... it left a very bad taste in my (hungry) mouth and don't even get me started about constantly losing internet... all this for 186 Euros a night!!! Rip off - very disappointed...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Flew to Dublin for the weekend to just mark off another spot on my bucket list. Chose this hotel since it has a pool/jacuzzi/gym, a extremely nice one. The location was perfect,not downtown, but right on the bus route and close to the train. Actually able to walk to Temple Bar area in about twenty minutes or less. Easy access to the Hop on and Hop off bus. Just a great visit to a great city and stayed at a great hotel. Thank you Aga and Ana for all your help.

Room Tip: Am Diamond member so upgrade was beautiful but my first room was common which was really nice anyway...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here for one night at the start of December. The staff were excellent - a first for me - I was asked how many devices I had that required use of the free wifi! The room was well appointed and modern with a thermostat that produced optimal sleeping conditions. We had lunch, dinner and breakfast - all very good quality, and served quickly with friendly and flexible waiting staff. We hired a meeting room for two days, which was prepared perfectly and tea/coffee was on time and fresh. I even managed a quick run in the gym on a Saturday morning - empty, clean and with a great selection of machines. One small grumble - I was on the 3rd floor, obviously over a room where a Christmas party was in full swing on the Friday. But overall, highly recommended and my company will be using it again.

Room Tip: Maybe check with hotel staff if there are any functions on in the hotel and try to stay away from th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear tomomara
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed both your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the front desk and restaurant team’s friendliness, I will be sure to pass the feedback to the team.
I was also delighted to see you enjoyed all our amenities within the hotel including the restaurant and the LivingWell Health Club.
We would be delighted to welcome you and your colleagues to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed at the hotel last week on business. The hotel is convenient to Heuston station (10 min walk). The rooms are well laid out and well lit which I find frustrating in other hotels! However, the heating wasn't working in my room and it was freezing, the pillows were uncomfortable and the breakfast tea tasted of coffee...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Elaine N

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on tripadvisor.
I am delighted to see you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location so convenient for you. Please do not hesitate to contact our Duty Manager at anytime during your stay should you require any assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

If you want a clean, reasonably quiet and modern room and reasonable facilities, this is an OK choice. If you want any kind of pleasing service, you might want to try elsewhere.

I checked in at 23:00 after a day that started in the UK at 05:30. No friendly greeting, no acknowledgement of my exalted Diamond hhonors status. Oh well - maybe that'll stop me from one day saying "Do you know who I am?"

However, my hhonors preference (high floor, away from the elevator, queen bed) translated into a room on the first floor, two rooms away from the elevators with twin beds, which I hate. There was no water in the room and no minibar.

Having gone up to my room I went straight back down to Reception where I asked for my complimentary water. For the first time in four years, for some reason, my hhonors status had not been passed through the booking process and this was clearly my problem rather than that of the hotel. Room service bought me a bottle of water so I went to bed.

I could have lived with that but it was symptomatic of a number of annoying service issues. On taking breakfast, I was asked if I wanted coffee. Ten minutes later, I had to ask the same waitress for coffee - no acknowledgement that she'd forgotten to bring it. The breakfast itself cost me 18 euros - I thought it was supposed to be complimentary as an hhonors member but apparently not. It was not a pleasant breakfast either.

When I got back that evening, the half used bottle of shower gel had been put back on the sink surface and no replacement provided.

They had managed to provide me with more water, but there was no personal welcome or apology for not recording my hhonors details.

When I went to the bar, I had to wait quite a while for the staff to stop their conversation, or stop standing around looking vacant and come and serve me.

There was a menu on my table which I'd looked at - a waitress wandered up and took it away. I thought that maybe they were stopping food service, but she just handed to someone on another table. No "do you mind" or "excuse me" or "did you want to order food". Just rude.

I went to have dinner in the restaurant at about 20:00. There were at least a dozen tables, two occupied. The waitress asked me if I had made a reservation, which I hadn't. She made a big deal of finding me a table in this vast wilderness of emptiness. By the time I'd finished my meal, one other table was occupied. The food was actually quite reasonable, which by this time surprised me considerably.

I wasn't offered a chance to check the bill in the morning, nor was I asked how my stay was.

I'm likely to be in Dublin a lot over the next 12 months but it is unlikely to be in this hotel. The Charlemont Hilton which I stayed in a couple of weeks ago was an entirely different (i.e. better) experience and I'd rather trade a 30 minute taxi ride for the 10 minute walk that the Kilmainham version offered - the service was sufficiently poor and impersonal.

1  Thank Jorganmeister

Dear Jorganmeister
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I was saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

Your feedback has been shared with our management team for review and action on the points you have mentioned.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards Jennifer

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for a weekend break in Dec 13. The hotel was clean, quiet enough (although its on a busy junction so if traffic noise annoys you ask for a room at the back) and the breakfast excellent. Very close to Kilmainham Goal and Phoenix Park. if you want the nightlife of Dublin the hotel is a 15 min bus ride out of the city but on the plus side you can get to sleep at night.
Not a lot of entertainment options around the hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer D, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Kilmainham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear paul186470
Thanks for sharing your recent experiences in Dublin with us and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the Hilton breakfast, it certainly has something for everyone.
Our location has its many benefits as you saw, with the heart of the action being easily accessible, some of the city's top attractions on our doorstep, while all the while providing a real oasis.
I hope you are already planning your return visit and we would be delighted to welcome you when you do so