“Warm and friendly staff”

Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #107 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Warm and friendly staff”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at this Travelodge in Ballymun last month and it was one of the best places I've stayed at. Check in was fast and easy, great staff all round but George the manager was just fab. I had a list of questions and nothing was too much trouble and he didn't make me feel like I was being a pain with all my queries. My room was spacious and very clean. I had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Joni 72,

Thank you for your recent review. I am thoroughly delighted that you found this hotel one the best places you have ever stayed. It was a pleasure to answer all the queries you had and ensuring your stay with us was a pleasant one.

I am delighted to learn that you will be staying with us again and we look forward to your return visit.

George O'Gara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 1 night. Hotel lobby has computers for internet access,just put euros in and you can use. Restaurant and bar on first floor. Bus stop is accessed the street taking you down to the Liffey River area. Then a short walk to Temple Bar and tons of restaurants. Hotel was nice. Underground car park was easy

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear nickamc80,

Thank you for your review in relation to your recent stay with us and for offering some advice and tips to our future patrons. I am glad you availed of our business centre in the lobby and our bar & restaurant facilities.

Indeed we have a secure underground car park allowing our guests' to 'park & ride' to either the airport in 10 minutes or the city centre in 15 minutes.

We look forward to looking after you again on your next trip to Ireland.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This hotel was wonderful! The room was gorgeous, and the staff were quite friendly. The location is not the greatest in terms of being close to things in the city centre of Dublin, but it's close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure looking after you and I am glad that you found our accommodation of an excellent standard, complimented by a friendly and professional team of staff.

Quite a number of our guest comment on our excellent proximity to the airport. We are a short bus ride to the city centre. The bus numbers 4 and 13 stop outside the hotel every 10 minutes with a direct corridor to the city centre.

We look forward to looking after you again on your next trip to Ireland.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

i havent stayed in any travel lodges before and this was my first experience.
i also didnt have high expectations. but i must admit i was soothed by the wonderful greetings and service throughout.. anything i needed was attended to immediately and i found to be the room clean and everything worked efficiently. good showers hot water nice room temperature ,it was a sincere and pleasurable experience throughout.
i was so impressed i had to mention my satisfaction personally to the general manager mr o'gara who was very pleased with my comments and gave us a personal and friendly irish wave goodbye as we left. i wouldnt hesitate in coming back here at all, as these little touches made all the difference . I would happily return again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear stevebalithai,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us.

I note that this is your first stay at a Travelodge in Ireland and that your expectations were exceeded in every aspect of your stay. We have 12 Travelodge hotels throughout Ireland and we certainly hope you get the opportunity to avail of similar high standards of care and attention in one of our hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I work as flight crew for a corporate airline and we usually stay in another hotel closer to the airport . Recently our first choice hotel was fully booked and our company booked us in the Travelodge Ballymun .I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the standard of rooms and the quality of the customer service .My 2 colleagues had similar good experiences and we all sent emails to our travel department saying that this hotel would give our four star first choice hotel a run for its money and recommended it for future layovers

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rob H,

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor,

I am truly delighted that the hotel exceeded your expectations in both the quality of our bedrooms and the care & attention given by the team. It is extremely encouraging to the team at the hotel to read that our product & standards meet that of your 'first choice' hotel and I certainly hope that we become your 'preferred choice' hotel on your next stop-over in Dublin.

Please pass on my best wishes to your two flight crew colleagues that enjoyed their stay with us and I sincerely look forward to looking after you again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed at ballymun travelodge and had a lovely time.
The staff were very welcoming and happy to help with our queries even spoke to manager about dining and requests for our room he was very happy to meet our needs..great customer service.We had a lovely double room...very clean and great value for money. Our experience at this hotel exceeded our expectations.
I'd recommend this hotel.
Thankyou for a lovely stay. Will be bk next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Justine M,

Thank you for your gracious review. It was a pleasure attending to your special requests and I am delighted to read that the team here at the hotel exceeded your expectations in delivering the highest standards of customer care.

We are proud of our superior bedrooms; clean, spacious & comfortable and indeed great value for money. Thank you for recommending the hotel to future patrons to the hotel. The team and I personally look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We recently took a short trip to Dublin and found the Travelodge at Ballymun to be in the perfect location. The rooms were spacious, extremely clean and comfortable. The staff were very pleasant, they greeted us with a warm and friendly welcome, they even offered tips and suggestions to improve our stay. Despite being busy it was very efficient and I could not fault a thing. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for good value for money in a convenient location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Brenda K,

Thank you for your positive review. I am pleased you enjoyed your short trip to Dublin and the amenities that the Travelodge Ballymun has to offer. The team at the hotel are proud to offer a warm and friendly welcome and surpass our guests' expectations in customer care.

We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the near future and attending to your needs once again.

George O'Gara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#66 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!