“good place to stay, if you're looking for somewhere to stay in Dublin”

Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #109 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 October 2013

After my mother suffered a fall and was admitted to hospital, the staff at Travel Lodge Ballymun couldn't of been more helpful. The receptionist on duty lent me his own personal phone so I could contact family back in the UK. They even charged my phone for me overnight. Everybody was so helpful and very professional answering any query I had, nothing was a problem. I would have no problem staying there again the next time I'm in Dublin

Room Tip: very close to the airport and ferry port. Rooms very clean and tidy,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Dympna D,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

Many family and friends of patients in Beaumont Hospital choose to stay with us primarily because of our convenient location, our superior accommodation and our compassionate & friendly staff. On a personal note, I trust your mum has made a full recovery.

I am delighted the staff here at the hotel went 'above & beyond' in ensuring your needs were attended to. We look forward to welcoming both of you back with us again in the near future.

George O'Gara

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at Crowne Plazza. I stayed here with some trepidation, the staff in particular a young law student from Africa called Paul made our stay a great success. The check in advice where where to eat, just exceptional. The room was clean near and well presented. I seriously would recommend others take a look at the staff training in this hotel because Paul for sure understands customer service at a level rarely seen in Europe.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nfwragg,

Many thanks for your wonderful positive comments.

We are proud of our high standards of customer care that are unique to our hotel and indeed surpass that of our competitors. It is encouraging for team members in the hotel to receive individual recognition from our customers and I have passed your gracious comments on to Paul.

I am delighted that you found the check-in process extremely professional and attentive in offering recommendations. Indeed our product at the hotel is exceptional; clean and comfortable bedrooms.

We look forward to your return visit and looking after you again.

kind regards,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were looking for an hotel that would be convenient for our needs and not very expensive. Travelodge Dublin Airport, Ballymun ticked all of our boxes. It also has very close proximity to the city, airport and M1, N2, M3 and M4 motorways - via the M50 motorway, which is the city's main orbital motorway and just about a mile from the hotel. The staff were very welcoming and friendly - especially Rachel, who is so friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel and will be back.
G & U

Room Tip: Everything you need for price; friendly service; location. Bring your own sachet of shampoo, otherwi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Dear Gerry K,

Many thanks for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am thoroughly delighted that you found the hotel to 'tick all of your boxes' in terms of quality, convenience, comfort and customer care. It was a pleasure looking after you and we certainly look forward to doing so again in the not too distant future.

I have passed your gracious comments onto our valued team member, Rachel. Rachel consistently strives to offer true Irish hospitality.. she certainly has the 'wow' factor!

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I had one the best sleep I've had for a while. The staff were very helpful and friendly (many thanks to George, great character and sense of humour).
Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. Very good value. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear AFP33,

Thank you for leaving such a gracious and positive review on Tripadvisor.

Both the team and I are thoroughly delighted you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. I am certainly glad that you appreciated my outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, attentive, efficient, focused and courteous personality; attributes that I encourage throughout the team in delivering customer care excellence.

We look forward to you return stay with us.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Well located, close to the airport and city centre. The staff were very welcoming and helpful, even assisting us with plans to visit the Dublin zoo. (Sadly one little child was disappointed there wasn't a Panda).

The rooms were comfortable and clean with most of the expected facilities, including wi-fi in the communal areas. Would stay again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear ohhruru,

Thank you for your lovely comments with regard to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you found the accommodation comfortable and you availed of our many services to include WiFi. My staff were only delighted to assist you in planning your visit to Dublin Zoo; it was unfortunate that the child did not get a glimpse of Dublin Zoo's latest arrival this month.. a little baby Panda! Hopefully on your next visit he will venture out from his Den!

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at this Travelodge in Ballymun last month and it was one of the best places I've stayed at. Check in was fast and easy, great staff all round but George the manager was just fab. I had a list of questions and nothing was too much trouble and he didn't make me feel like I was being a pain with all my queries. My room was spacious and very clean. I had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Joni 72,

Thank you for your recent review. I am thoroughly delighted that you found this hotel one the best places you have ever stayed. It was a pleasure to answer all the queries you had and ensuring your stay with us was a pleasant one.

I am delighted to learn that you will be staying with us again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here for 1 night. Hotel lobby has computers for internet access,just put euros in and you can use. Restaurant and bar on first floor. Bus stop is accessed the street taking you down to the Liffey River area. Then a short walk to Temple Bar and tons of restaurants. Hotel was nice. Underground car park was easy

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear nickamc80,

Thank you for your review in relation to your recent stay with us and for offering some advice and tips to our future patrons. I am glad you availed of our business centre in the lobby and our bar & restaurant facilities.

Indeed we have a secure underground car park allowing our guests' to 'park & ride' to either the airport in 10 minutes or the city centre in 15 minutes.

We look forward to looking after you again on your next trip to Ireland.

George O'Gara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#71 of 150 in Dublin
West County Hotel
#84 of 150 in Dublin
Tara Towers Hotel
#112 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!