“Went above and beyond to accomodate me”

Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #108 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My stay was great. The highlight was that I was looking for a place to do the work out Insanity on my dvd player, and needed a space other than my room to do it, as my roomate was still sleeping...The hotel manager offered to let me privately use the employee training room, and I never had a manager be so accomadating. It was much appreciated! Great rates too

• Stayed: October 2013
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear tajajara,

Thank you for your kind review. I am truly delighted that you were truly satisfied with your stay.

It was a personal pleasure to go 'above & beyond' in ensuring that your needs were attended to; an attribute that I encourage throughout the team of staff here at the hotel.

I look forward to having you back with us again.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went on a trip to Dublin and stayed at this hotel from Oct 29- Nov 1st. I will highlight main things:

Good things:
- the price is reasonable outside the city centre and not far from city centre (20 min bus ride)
- spacious room
- friendly staff

Bad things:
- Hallways were a mess and smelt bad. We had kids running around the hall in all hours of the night. Thought maybe they lived there...
- Blood on the carpet in our room and lots of stains on chairs, floor and bed.
- No hairdryer in the room had to ask for one at the front desk
- Apparently the area is very rough at night and were told NOT to walk around at night (however, we didn't have a problem)

The hotel is alright for those people who are just using a hotel room to sleep. Me and my boyfriend would wake up and spend all day in the city centre and just use the hotel to sleep and get ready the next day. We're not too fussy but could see this being a problem for someone who is.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear MellySwelly89,

Many thanks for your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you found the bedroom to your satisfaction, the price very reasonable, the location perfect and our staff very helpful.

It was unfortunate that there were issues with the standards in the bedroom and corridor for which I sincerely apologise for. I have addressed these standards with my housekeeping team and taken steps to ensure a repeat of this does not occur again. The incident with the some children causing a disturbance on the corridor was an isolated incident, although I fully accept that one-off incidents like this can impact on our guest's stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back again with us in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our stay here from 18th to 21st September 2013 was great. Check-in was quick, our room was spacious and very clean. Would definitely recommend to family & stay here again. Many thanks to George O'Gara & staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Natalie72Birmingham,

Thank you for your kind comments. Both the team and I were only delighted to ensure you had a pleasant stay with us.

We are proud of our attentive team here at the hotel and the wonderful product that we offer to our patrons. Our future guests will be pleased with your personal recommendations.

We look forward to looking after you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

You need a taxi to get to or from the airport but the best thing about this Travelodge is the bathtub! After a hectic day of driving it was bliss to have a bath instead of the eternal shower. Also good feature is the restaurant within the travelodge building. We arrived in torrential rain so were happy not to have to go searching for a place to eat.

Room Tip: the top floor ( 4th ) was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear BARBARA L,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us.

Many of our guests pass comment on our wonderful en-suite bedrooms with inviting bathtubs. We strive to offer the finest amenities to our patrons at very affordable prices, making us one of the finest hotels in the Dublin area.

Our award-winning restaurant is a favoured choice for our guests, offering the finest cuisine from early in the morning until late in the evening. Our talented executive chef is only pleased to cater to individual customer dietary requirements and ensuring a memorable dining experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Lovely hotel. Very comfortable. Good value also. Staff and management were very courteous and helpful. It's in a good location on the north side of Dublin and ideal for heading into the city centre at night. If you're looking for an affordable hotel in Dublin, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear bonovoxDonegal,

Many thanks for your gracious review. We pride ourselves in delivering the highest level of customer care to our guests and ensuring our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us.

We are indeed located in a prime position on the north side of Dublin within easy access of the city by bus every 10-15 minutes. Dublin airport is only 7 minutes away by taxi, making us a popular destination for airport stopovers.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

After my mother suffered a fall and was admitted to hospital, the staff at Travel Lodge Ballymun couldn't of been more helpful. The receptionist on duty lent me his own personal phone so I could contact family back in the UK. They even charged my phone for me overnight. Everybody was so helpful and very professional answering any query I had, nothing was a problem. I would have no problem staying there again the next time I'm in Dublin

Room Tip: very close to the airport and ferry port. Rooms very clean and tidy,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Dympna D,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your recent stay with us.

Many family and friends of patients in Beaumont Hospital choose to stay with us primarily because of our convenient location, our superior accommodation and our compassionate & friendly staff. On a personal note, I trust your mum has made a full recovery.

I am delighted the staff here at the hotel went 'above & beyond' in ensuring your needs were attended to. We look forward to welcoming both of you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at Crowne Plazza. I stayed here with some trepidation, the staff in particular a young law student from Africa called Paul made our stay a great success. The check in advice where where to eat, just exceptional. The room was clean near and well presented. I seriously would recommend others take a look at the staff training in this hotel because Paul for sure understands customer service at a level rarely seen in Europe.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Nfwragg,

Many thanks for your wonderful positive comments.

We are proud of our high standards of customer care that are unique to our hotel and indeed surpass that of our competitors. It is encouraging for team members in the hotel to receive individual recognition from our customers and I have passed your gracious comments on to Paul.

I am delighted that you found the check-in process extremely professional and attentive in offering recommendations. Indeed our product at the hotel is exceptional; clean and comfortable bedrooms.

We look forward to your return visit and looking after you again.

kind regards,

George O'Gara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#69 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!