“Excellent value, really clean, well appointed and great value.”

Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #111 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Booked well ahead, so only paid 28 euros for Saturday Night. Hotel was spotless and brand new. Staff were really helpful, good location halfway between city centre and airport, although it is about 18 euros in a taxi to the city centre.

Area clearly being renewed, but as a one night stopover, it's hard to think what you'll get better for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris_Derek_Erskine
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Chris_Derek_Erskine,

Thank you for your recent review.

The 'title' of your review speaks volumes of what the Travelodge Dublin Airport South strives to deliver on a consistent basis. We certainly offer excellent value with a clean and comfortable, well-appointed product.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and exceed in customer expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

This Travelodge certainly maintains the Travelodge brand very well. The hotel is clean and comfortable and is well equipped. The staff are friendly, polite and very helpful. The breakfast is good with high quality ingredients. The only downside about this hotel is its location. It is about a 15 min drive from the airport and would be difficult to reach by bus. It is also a fair way from the city centre (about a 15-20 min drive). Despite regeneration of the area, it does not feel particularly safe out and about at night. The hotel bar can get a little 'animated' at times.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Cligereen,

Many thanks for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

At Travelodge Dublin Airport South Ballymun, we pride ourselves in delivering the highest standards of comfort, cleanliness, amenities and customer care; I am pleased to read that the hotel met with your expectations in this regard.

Our hotel is within easy access of Dublin city centre with a choice of buses running every 10 minutes from outside of the hotel. The journey time is indeed approximately 20 minutes along a wonderful scenic route. Many of our valued guests choose our hotel and location based on competitive pricing in comparison to city centre hotels. We are a very popular hotel choice for guest's arriving or departing from Dublin airport. Many of our guests choose to leave their vehicle in our underground secure car park and take a short taxi journey to the airport (10 minutes).

Once again, thank you for your valued informative feedback and we certainly look forward to looking after you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the last of the 4 Travelodges that we stayed at in Ireland as we toured the south coast. By far this was the nicest. After staying in Limerick, Cork and Waterford I was prepared to write off the brand for good.

At check in a nice man greeted us, told us how to get to the parking garage and where to get food in the area. Our room was clean and spacious. We filled out the review form and at check out the manager reviewed the form, asked us how our stay was and provided complimentary cappuccinos. Thanks for redeeming the Travelodge brand. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear capecodgirl12,

Thank you for your recent review with regard to your overall experience a 4 Travelodge Ireland hotels.

I am thoroughly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us in our Dublin Airport South Travelodge and that every aspect of your stay redeemed your diminished perception of our brand. At Travelodge Dublin Airport South, we pride ourselves in offering a quality product along with attentive and friendly staff. As manager of the hotel I strive to meet and greet as many of our patrons as possible and ensure that everything is to their satisfaction during their stay; It was a pleasure to meet with both of you on departure and note your valued feedback.

I have passed your comments on to my colleagues in our hotels in Limerick, Cork and Waterford, so that they may use your comments as a tool in monitoring & improving customer satisfaction throughout the brand.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband, sister, brother-in-law, and I stayed in the Travelodge in Ballymun on 10/20/13 and 10/25/13. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was large, clean, and comfortable. My husband and I stayed on the 4th floor and it was very quiet. My sister and brother-in-law stayed on the 2nd floor near the bar next door, so they said they heard a lot of noise. The bus stop was very close and a grocery store was just across the street.
My only negative was that it was inconvenient to get to from the airport. My goal in choosing this hotel was because it was only a few miles from the airport so we would have a short commute when we arrived and left Dublin. We took a taxi from the airport who was HORRIBLE! and the fee was outrageous. It would have been just as time effective to have gotten a hotel in the city and taken the airport bus that runs from the airport to the city center. Well, live and learn.
This was a nice hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from the bar next door.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Kyleen B,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Travelodge Hotel.

It is extremely encouraging to read such positive comments about the team here at the hotel and your satisfaction with our high standards of quality, cleanliness and comfort. Indeed there are some great amenities located close to the hotel to include a fantastic bus corridor to the city centre and local supermarkets and stores.

I have noted your comments relating to the taxi you received from the airport. It was unfortunate that you had an unsatisfactory journey. A taxi to and from the airport should take no more than 10 minutes.

We certainly hope to have you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My stay was great. The highlight was that I was looking for a place to do the work out Insanity on my dvd player, and needed a space other than my room to do it, as my roomate was still sleeping...The hotel manager offered to let me privately use the employee training room, and I never had a manager be so accomadating. It was much appreciated! Great rates too

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear tajajara,

Thank you for your kind review. I am truly delighted that you were truly satisfied with your stay.

It was a personal pleasure to go 'above & beyond' in ensuring that your needs were attended to; an attribute that I encourage throughout the team of staff here at the hotel.

I look forward to having you back with us again.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went on a trip to Dublin and stayed at this hotel from Oct 29- Nov 1st. I will highlight main things:

Good things:
- the price is reasonable outside the city centre and not far from city centre (20 min bus ride)
- spacious room
- friendly staff

Bad things:
- Hallways were a mess and smelt bad. We had kids running around the hall in all hours of the night. Thought maybe they lived there...
- Blood on the carpet in our room and lots of stains on chairs, floor and bed.
- No hairdryer in the room had to ask for one at the front desk
- Apparently the area is very rough at night and were told NOT to walk around at night (however, we didn't have a problem)

The hotel is alright for those people who are just using a hotel room to sleep. Me and my boyfriend would wake up and spend all day in the city centre and just use the hotel to sleep and get ready the next day. We're not too fussy but could see this being a problem for someone who is.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear MellySwelly89,

Many thanks for your recent review.

I was delighted to read that you found the bedroom to your satisfaction, the price very reasonable, the location perfect and our staff very helpful.

It was unfortunate that there were issues with the standards in the bedroom and corridor for which I sincerely apologise for. I have addressed these standards with my housekeeping team and taken steps to ensure a repeat of this does not occur again. The incident with the some children causing a disturbance on the corridor was an isolated incident, although I fully accept that one-off incidents like this can impact on our guest's stay with us.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back again with us in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our stay here from 18th to 21st September 2013 was great. Check-in was quick, our room was spacious and very clean. Would definitely recommend to family & stay here again. Many thanks to George O'Gara & staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Natalie72Birmingham,

Thank you for your kind comments. Both the team and I were only delighted to ensure you had a pleasant stay with us.

We are proud of our attentive team here at the hotel and the wonderful product that we offer to our patrons. Our future guests will be pleased with your personal recommendations.

We look forward to looking after you again in the near future.

George O'Gara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#71 of 151 in Dublin
Tara Towers Hotel
#113 of 151 in Dublin
West County Hotel
#85 of 151 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!