Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #106 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“OK”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The hotel is what you would expect from a Travelodge - cheap, clean, functional, but tending towards the basic.

It is a 17 Euro taxi ride from the airport - rather more than we expected. There is a shuttle bus, but the website says that there isn't!

A Full Irish breakfast is available at the same price as a continental breakfast, but the website offers only the continental. We managed to upgrade, without charge, to the full Irish and it was very good, but the stuff for the continental was stale and unappetising.

Good bus service from the hotel into town, but it would be nice if there was information on display about the routes and fares and if the receptionist had change (since the bus fare has to be paid in coins and no change is given.)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I tink personally its a nice clean and well maintained hotel and the employees ar very helpful and would recommend it to all people tat I no because its a beautiful and great hotel and the manager is a gentle man

• Stayed March 2014
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Price : Overpriced for what we got - 180 Eur for two nights in a twin room, taxis to the city were around 12-17 Eur. Would of worked out cheaper if we found somewhere more up market in the city centre.

Room: The room and corridor smelt like stale cigarette smoke, even though rooms were non smoking. Carpets were covered in stains. The peephole was missing from the door. Shower was mouldy, mirror hadn't been cleaned, I had my suspicions about the bed sheets being fresh, it looked as if the sheets were just thrown on the bed. Rubbish and dirty laundry in the hallway at 2am which was still there at 12 the next day. Hotel was very quiet - but this could be because no one in their right mind would stay here.

Bar and Food : Wouldn't eat here - the "restaurant" was in the lobby and taxi driver told us the bar was a kip and not to go near the place.

Location: Great if you need to be beside the airport , hotel provide a shuttle service. Nothing else around the area so you need to go into the city centre.

2 Thank Martina K

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Manchester
Reviewed 11 March 2014

For me it was a poor value for your money, regardless of what the web site advises I wouldn’t recommend this place, mainly because of the poorly trained hotel staff. Consequently, it takes 45 minutes by bus to go to the city centre (so it is not useful to someone who plans to go sightseeing) and it takes 15 minutes by taxi from the airport. So its location simply doesn’t make sense at least to me... I don’t even know why is it called Travelodge Dublin Airport... Just think twice before you decide to book this particular place...

Having said that one has to admit that the room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable, and offered very good facilities

1 Thank P P
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was my first trip to Ireland and I arrived with five others as part of a stag weekend. I was under the impression with the name of the hotel "Travelodge Dublin Airport" that this would be perhaps a short walk from the arrivals to the hotel. This was probably more my naivety and for not researching it more, however in the end it was only a fifteen minute taxi ride. Due to there being six of us, we had to take two taxi's (no mini bus was available) which we didn't mind, however the taxi fares were pretty steep, €20 for the privilege. However when leaving the hotel to go back to the airport, there was a shuttle service for €3 each which was superb.

The hotel from the outside looked presentable but the area it was in was kind of a mix of newish and old buildings that appeared empty and fairly run down. The receptionist was very polite and courteous, we were early for our check in and we were able to keep our bags in the room behind the desk which was a great help. The room itself consisted of a double and single bed (we were sharing 2 per room), however not long after I learned that the room looked rather tired. Coffee marks on the desk, stains on the carpets and upon inspecting the kettle to make a brew, I was put off by the dirt. To top it off, the inside door handle was missing off of the main hotel room door!! Just a spindle and a screw remained. I alerted staff at reception of this and they didn't seem at all bothered. Another room friends were staying in were missing their TV remote,

Despite this, it wouldn't put me off staying at a Travelodge again (I have stayed at some very nice ones in the past) but perhaps if returning to Dublin, I would give this particular one a miss. The price was very cheap and it was only a place to put our heads down, but if it were more costly or I had come for a relaxing longer stay with my girlfriend, I would have been very disappointed. It was also a bit far out from Dublin town centre too, about 25 mins on the public bus. The buses are very frequent but only accept coins for travel. We bought a day card from the shop opposite the hotel for €7 to use all day and once we figured out what bus we needed, it was all ok.

Room Tip: Just a lucky dip to which room you get to be honest. For the price can't be too funny.
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Hotel excellent once you find it! Staff helpful and professional. I used AA Route Finder but still had difficulty locating the Hotel - perhaps it would be wise to contact the hotel for directions before get caught in traffic and end up "going round in circles"

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 January 2014

An okay hotel, however on arrival we were all pretty frightened at the amount of hoodlems running around, people screaming, groups fighting etc. fair enough what can you expect from a low-priced hotel though, at check-in we had to wait quite a while and looking behind the receptionist at one point saw a man with his hood up running with a knife in his hand haha. Decent enough hotel though if you're within a tight budget as we were. The room was basic but clean, no complaints there. There was also a bus stop not too far away which connected you directly to the town/airport which was very handy. However did not feel safe at all the duration of the 2 nights I was there, not the hotel's fault though I suppose.

Room Tip: Our room was a good few floors up which was decent and blocked out the noise of the road etc at nigh...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PeterR365
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Travelodge Dublin Airport Swords
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!