“In poor condition with poor service”

Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel
Ranked #110 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2014

OMG should have read the reviews first. Check in was very slow and desk attendant was less than cordial. She checked me in and gave me keys to an occupied room, imagine my surprise upon entering. This room was on the 4th floor, where they obviously were cleaning up a major water leak, it smelled horrible and the hallways were filled with huge fans and large vacuums that were extremely noisy. So back to the front desk, once again met with a lack of concern, and given keys to another room, this one had no telephone, so back to the front desk. The restaurant food is terrible and the location, while close to the airport, it is a terrible neighborhood

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cheryl S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff were very friendly. Tried to make the best of obviously bad situation. Hotel is in bad repair. In a sketchy neighborhood. Seems as though long term residents reside there. Trash in halls, room was bad. Poorly lit, missing a bed. Noisy from some machinery next door. Stained carpet. My advice is to just go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kezzyb
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Hotel was basic but clean and comfortable. Free secure parking was available. WIFI was also available although not free. The Breakfast provided was also very good. Would recommend for cheap, clean comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed in the Ballymun Travelodge July 2013, and it is only after recently staying at the awful Swords Travelodge that has prompted me to write a review.

This was an excellent hotel as travelodges go. I arrived and I think my booking was messed up as the receptionist spent about 15 minutes on the computer with my details. I ended up with a room on the top floor, which I can only imagine is a premium room or something. The floor was all marble (from what I remember), bathroom was large and very clean - I was at a competition and couldnt wait to use the shower. The bathtub was huge, and I ended up bringing my ipad in with me, watching a movie and falling asleep in the bath - goes to show you how comfortable I was.

Downsides - The room was pretty hot and I couldn't get the window open more than 2 inches (Probably a safety thing, as I was on the top floor).
Not Travelodge's fault, but Ballymun doesn't harbour great local residents. I sort of found myself walking to the shop looking over my shoulder. I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a good amount of parking with this hotel - I could be wrong, but that is one thing that could make this hotel one of the best in Dublin. One thing I do wish Travelodge as a whole would do (for the sake of a couple of Euro), is add the wifi into the room rate.

In summary, class hotel. Will definitely be using it again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JyMc16
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear ConMc12,

Thank you for your positive comments in relation to your stay last year. I am delighted that the Travelodge in Ballymun met with your expectations; it was unfortunate that our sister hotel in Swords fell short of our renowned high standards. I will pass your comments onto the hotel manager in Swords in an effort that he may address such shortcomings with his team.

Indeed Travelodge Dublin Airport South is a well presented hotel throughout. Our bathrooms are finished in Italian marble with quality fixtures and fittings. We strive to compliment such luxurious amenities with bright, airy and comfortable bedrooms. We ensure all our guests enjoy a peaceful nights sleep in crisp linen and plump soft pillows. I am sure our readers will appreciate your tip to request the top floor. The quality remains consistent throughout the hotel, although the top floor offers excellent views across Dublin skyline.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Never again. Weird setting looking over to grotty highrise flats with kids and mothers screaming at night. Only ventilation was an open window on to a balcony on 4th floor which showed signs of attempted illegal entry. Felt unsafe and uncomfortable, although the bed was ok. Staff were helpful.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
George O, General Manager at Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Ian H,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that the staff were helpful to your needs.

I was disappointed to learn that you felt unsafe during your stay. We pride ourselves in offering the highest levels of safety and security to our patrons in comfortable surroundings. Ballymun is currently undergoing a multi-billion euro renewal, with a renovated village centre, a major City Council office facility, Health Service facilities, a public leisure centre, renewed shopping areas and reworked public areas. Although some areas have yet to benefit from this regeneration, patrons to the hotel in general are very receptive to the progress in the locality and enjoy their stay with us; it is unfortunate that it impacted on your stay.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here one night to go to Dublin and park the car for the week. Perfect for our needs as there was a shuttle to the airport and the parking was very reasonable.

All in all we would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter M,

Thank you for your gracious comments. Both the team and I are truly delighted that everything was to your satisfaction. Indeed we have some superb added amenities and services in the hotel to include our shuttle bus service to and from the airport every 20 minutes and our park & fly service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Dull place, boring breakfast, expensive wifi and car park. If you just need a bed near the airport it's okay but for all other hotel options this travelodge fails. We found the place through booking.com where we missed the fact that wifi, car park and shuttle bus are extras you have to pay for. Then it's no longer a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Miro L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Indeed we are ideally located close to Dublin Airport and priced extremely competitively. Our renowned luxurious rooms are priced from €49. We offer a shuttle bus service to the airport every 20 minutes for only €3.00, which is excellent value for money. Car parking is free for the duration of your stay. 24 hours secure Wi-Fi is available for €5.00. We are proud to advertise our competitive prices and to give our valued customers the 'freedom of choice'.

Yours truly,

George O'Gara

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#71 of 150 in Dublin
West County Hotel
#84 of 150 in Dublin
Tara Towers Hotel
#113 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel? Share your experiences!