“Peaceful charm in Dublin”

Baggot Court Townhouse
Ranked #25 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Baggot Court Townhouse is a well-appointed hotel near the centre of Dublin. The staff is very helpful and friendly, the dining room is nicely decorated, rooms are generous and the breakfast is nicely served.

Room Tip: Our room had a kitchen, worth asking for, not sure if all rooms have one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed three nights at end of July. Excellent location, clean functional bedroom and good breakfast. Very pleasant, helpful staff. No problem with leaving luggage for early arrival and late departure. Excellent value for money.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nordic_Prince
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I will start by saying the rates for a townhouse in downtown Dublin were probably reasonable. However, those rates unlike everywhere else we stayed in the country, did not include breakfast. The location was fine and not a bad walk to most places one would want to visit. Unlike reviews by others, we found the rooms cramped but that should probably be expected in downtown Dublin. We were appreciative we were able to change from the first room offered which was quite cramped and to get to the bathroom you had to walk through a kitchen and then maneuver around tight doorways to get into the bathroom. We are not fat people and it required acrobatic skill. The room we stayed in was adequate in size but the bed needed to be replaced and was most uncomfortable. There was no top sheet leaving only the comforter for cover on a warm evening (could not open windows on front of house). The bathroom was in serious need of updating (mainly the dirty looking floor). As stated previously the room was not overly cramped but the furniture needed new upholstery as it was badly stained giving a dirty feel.
What could have been a good experience was a huge disappointment.
By the way, we are not high end travelers who need luxury accommodations!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on upper floors because noise from above at times like 3 am annoying.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The best thing I can say about it was the location, 10 min walk to centre of Dublin or else 10 min walk to Aviva. Free car parking also a plus. Breakfast was out of a microwave, room could do with a paint job but bed was clean and comfortable. All in all not bad for €99 per room in centre of Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for four nights while visiting Ireland. I had booked two nights well in advance, but contacted them a few days before our scheduled arrival to see if they could accommodate us a couple of days early, as well as for the days previously reserved. To my surprise, they could. It was further from St. Stevens than I expected, but the room was quite. My wife and I had a double. Our son and grandson had a twin, but the room actually had a double and a twin bed. The rooms are small, and furnishing were basic, but the bed was comfortable and the en-suites were quite modern (although the shower was very small). Our only problem was that the room was quite warm, even though the weather was not, and there was no way to get fresh air. the included breakfast was good and the porridge with Bailey's was unique. Good value.

Room Tip: Don't like stairs? Ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gec718
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Baggot Court is a lovely townhouse with a knowledgeable and hospitable staff. Arrived early after an overnight flight from New York and was very happy to hear that my room was already available! The double room facing the street was a bit noisy so I suggest asking for a room in the back. (However I was fine with my earplugs in.) The location is very good - a short walk to the center of the city. I highly recommend this townhouse.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the street to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The Baggot Court is a lovely townhouse with an excellent and hospitable staff. My sister and I arrived in the early morning from New York and were allowed to check in immediately - a blessing after an overnight flight! Our room at the front of the hotel was a bit noisy so I suggest asking for a room that does not face the street. (I was fine with my earplugs in.) It is well situated - an easy walk to the sites of Dublin. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family