“Excellent service, helpful staff”

Baggot Court Townhouse
Ranked #30 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at Baggot Court for six nights during a research trip to Dublin. The service was some of the best I've had in any hotel. Everyone was extremely accommodating without being in any way intrusive. On my last day, I had to check out quite early and the woman setting up for breakfast insisted on making me some food and coffee. It was truly an exemplary service experience.

I stayed in a room with a kitchenette, which was great for such a long stay. It was the same price as the regular rooms, so I would recommend asking for a kitchenette if you will be staying for longer than a few nights. The location was very good - safe and quiet, with very easy access to busses. If you want to be right in the heart of the tourist area, it might not be the best, but it was very easy to get around, and easy to walk to Grafton Street and the National Library.

As for negatives, the only drawback were a few loose bathroom tiles - very minor. I travel to Dublin frequently and will certainly be returning here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Baggot Court Townhouse

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We searched the reviews to find a hotel that was reasonably priced, well located, and offered free parking. Free parking is incredibly hard to find in Dublin. We parked the car in the back of the B&B and walked all over Dublin. The location was excellent and not far from hotels which cost much, much more. We asked for a quiet room and were assigned to one facing the back. It was indeed quiet, and we got a good night's sleep. The room wasn't fancy but had a kitchen and was quite adequate.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTrekker1
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in the renovated building at the back of the town house on the top floor. Whilst the room was perfectly adequate it was nothing special, but in my opinion, a bit in the high price range. I would have liked a second chair in the room - it would have saved me sitting on the bed. Although I had a fairly good nights sleep every time I woke up all I could hear was the "whirring" of what appeared to be the water heater for the building - slightly off putting to say the least! The staff were very helpful throughout our stay and I particularly liked the fact that there was a menu on the wall from the local restaurants - should you have wished to use them. The cooked breakfast was reasonable as an Irish breakfast, but I missed the additions that there would have been had it been an Ulster fry!! I had two "faults" with the breakfast in that on both days it wasn't as warm/hot as I would have liked and that had I been there as a Continental breakfast "user" there wasn't really much on offer. Other than cheese and wheaten bread and the usual bowls there was no bread, rolls, meats, tomatoes that one would have expected for a normal continental breakfast. I noted while I was there a French mother and daughter looking rather perplexed as to what was on offer and ended up with some cheese and coffee after looking at the breakfast bar on several occasions. A costly disappointment at 280 euro for two nights or maybe this is what I should have expected to pay being reasonably need to the centre of Dublin.

Room Tip: Try the bottom rooms in the renovated building at the back of the town house and so miss the boiler...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The location of this B&B is great as you are just a few minute's walk from St Stephen's Green, Trinity College etc. There are nearby grocery shops and restaurants. The rooms are nothing special, but perfectly adequate for a weekend away - perhaps a little disappointing for the price, but Dublin is an expensive city for accommodation!

The reason that I give this place only 3 out of 5 is that we didn't sleep very well either of the two nights here. Our room was at the front of the building, so traffic noise was quite noticeable, but more disturbing to sleep is the noise of the front door downstairs which slams whenever anyone enters or leaves. We were woken up several times by this. We also didn't find the bed particularly comfortable - the mattress has seen better days! It would benefit from a mattress topper or replacing.

We didn't see much of the staff, but when we did, they were very accommodating, for example getting me extra pillows and carrying my case up the stairs.

Overall, this place was fine for a weekend in Dublin, but due to not getting great sleep, I wouldn't want to stay here any longer as the sleep defecit would catch up with me!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Its expensive but well worth it. I'd definitely stay here again if I could n't get another place. The rooms are nice, the food is lovely, the people are lovely. One of my favourites. I'd definitely recommend it for the rich people among you.

Room Tip: the back is quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We we were located in the renovated building on the back. The bathroom was spacious and had adequate shower space and excellent water pressure.

The hotel has 24 hour staff coverage and every member was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is above average and the staff were very speedy with service at the tables. The B&B is about a 6 to 7 minute walk to St. Stephen's Green and we felt safe walking to and from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a great experience here at Baggot. The staff was very friendly and always willing to help out a bunch of travelers. We had a room that was located at the back of the property and I have to say i feel we had one of the best rooms they had available..we loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple