“Not sure yet / jury is still out”
Review of SLICE

SLICE
Ranked #790 of 2,756 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Tried this place a few times now. It has a lot going for it but small things are letting it down.

Service: so-so. Really up and down. Best friends one minute, haven't time to make a coffee the next minute. Slow enough.
Food: different, nicely different though - nice surprise
Quality: excellent
Value: as expected

On reflection now, it's the service that is letting it down. Great meet and greet in place but trying to get another coffee is impossible.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited here recently for a spot of brunch. I ordered the carrot and walnut pancakes. They were delicious and a nice alternative to a fry up. My boyfriend had the sausage scramble which was served with avocado and creme fraiche - sounds wear but tasted yum, and my friend had the full breakfast (with home made beans) which he also really enjoyed. They had various special juices on offer which tasted really refreshing. The service was friendly and there was a nice buzz in the place. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had dinner here recently and while the ambiance and decor are very nice we found the portion size small.! We both eat a lamb with butternut squash which consisted a roast half of butternut squash with lamb on top which was cooked with chickpeas. The lamb consisted of probably three small pieces ..... about a large tablespoonful on top of squash. We finished off with cheese plate which was average size. We left the restaurant still hungry !! Agree with other posters that dinner menu is very small and limited. On balance would not return.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Big fan of the sister establishment Cake Café, so I had to check out this place.

Great variety on the menu and, having completely sold out of the weekend special, they made a new one up within minutes of opening on Sunday morning. The serving and kitchen staff are witty and effective. I chose the carrot & walnut pancakes which were as light and fluffy as great American pancakes, with all the flavohrs of a freshly baked Carrot cake. Delicious!

The greatest thing for earlybirds like us is that they open at 9 on Sundays (a rarity). We were outside at 8.55 with our Sunday papers, keen to get in. We will be again!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Full transparancy - such is my addiction to salad that my husband often teases I'd eat salad for breakfast if I could. Well saturday I did - and what a 'breakfast salad' it was. Organic leaves; artisan pieces of sausage & bacon; roast tomatos; cubes of roast sweet potato; cubes of colea cheese & a perfectly soft poached organic egg all served with some great sourdough toast. REALLY enjoyed the food (and had ridiculously been resisting a visit as it is literally on my street & it felt 'lazy' to eat here v. cooking at home; plus hadnt liked the physical space in a previous incarnation).

Returned for a family dinner that night & thoroughly enjoyed the food again (brisket; mac&cheese with mackeral which worked surprisingly well; great dips & a lovely slice of dark chocolate tart).

Great: venue (looks very different by day & night); pricing is not too high/decent value; service is friendly & good; quality of food & cooking is really high plus decor & tableware is the right side of quirky.

Slight improvements welcome: larger evening menu choice would be good (only one thing on menu either my sister or niece were interested in); should xcheck with customer if they do/dont want the toast smothered in butter; (only biggy) do something about the door closing after customers - I got increasingly cold with the chill from the door remaining open as customers arrived....

REALLY pleased at this addition to a neighbourhood which has really upped its foody game in the last few years & very much looking forward to frequenting more regularly.