“Great hotel”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #15 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel with great service, it's on a great location for quietness and literally 5 minutes walk if not less to local bars, close for shopping and other site seeing things. Would recommend this hotel, rooms are beautiful and of the standard you'd expect from a Radisson

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jago D
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hi Jago D,
Thank you for reviewing the Radisson Blu Royal on TripAdvisor. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and hope to welcome you back soon in Dublin.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at this busy hotel on a number of occasions as it very central. I have never been disappointed ,rooms are large modern as you'd expect ,clean and comfortable. Staff are very friendly from the moment you meet inside hotel door .Food is very good and excellent presented breakfast selections.Rates are reasonable and Yes ..I would stay here again .

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ed6466

Dear Eamon O,
Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor! I will be happy to share it with the entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Royal.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming well trained staff, I like the location, it is so close to the city attraction that make it all of a waking distance, rooms are nice with reasonable sizes. Clean and well equipped for. 4 star hotel
The view in my room and so many others as I believe was not thing that I liked, but I believe that was the bell for the location

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank SALEISSA

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay and review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our Services, Products and Location.
Kind Regards, Francois

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Lovely room, very comfy. Great bathroom. Very good breakfast.

BUT

If you close your bar on a Saturday night for a private function for the whole night, and ask residents to accept having a drink in your lobby area and sit for 10-15 minutes waiting for someone to take a drinks order, then your residents are not going to be happy. Especially when your website infers there are 3 bars in the hotel - no there aren't. We were left feeling that the hotel cared more about making money from private functions that looking after its residents.

To be fair the desk staff completely agreed this was "off" and discounted our stay. Their helpful attitude keeps the rating at 4 not 3.

Please take note management - that swish website promising ground-breaking cocktails in a luxury bar means nothing if you close that bar so your guests have to sit in the lobby. We probably won't return as a result. Sorry.

Also took a mark off for some noise issues, and the fact the "nearby" health club access has been changed (again not accurate on the website) to one a good 10-15 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Higher floor, for less noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heidbummer
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Heidbummer,
I would like to apologize for issues you had in our Hotel. I want to confirm to you that your feedback are taken on board and we will make sure that actions are taken to avoid any future incident like this with any other guests.
I am pleased to hear that you still appreciated your stay and that our staff did did help you over your trip in Dublin.
With Kindest Regards, Francois

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed one night at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel as part of a weekend trip to Dublin in March 2014. I chose to take up the room upgrade option offered at time of online booking - this is sometimes offered after you have made a reservation (subject to availability on the day of arrival).

Prior to my trip I wanted to confirm arrangements with the hotel front desk (to discuss room options available, floor levels etc as this was my first stay at the hotel). I therefore called the hotel's front desk one evening. The night receptionist was very helpful and - after talking me through the room options - offered to note down my room preferences.

On the day of my arrival I was delighted to find out that I had been upgraded to the second highest room category for a very reasonable fee. The hotel had given me the 1-bedroom suite 605 on the 6th floor. Needless to say, the suite was vast for a solo traveller. I was particularly impressed with the lovely views towards the 'Dublin mountains'. The living areas in this suite has huge sofas, which make them great space for those wishing to invite a couple of friends over before going out. Or just lounging on them to relax.

A small detail, but I loved the fact I could open windows and allow fresh air to enter all rooms in the suite. Some hotel windows cannot be opened so this was a great option to get some fresh airflow.

Needless to say as well, the bathroom was huge (Bath with TV, rainfall shower, towels and products galore etc). There was also a guest bathroom next to the living area. Importantly the bedroom was super quiet when the windows were closed. Combined with a comfy mattress, this allowed me to have a great night's sleep.

I did order room service in the evening, and a couple of drinks from the bar prior to that. The room service was fast and friendly. The only feedback would relate to the size of the starter. I had ordered calamari (and see for yourself on the photo), the portion was very small (4 rings if I recall!). I would have expected more than this bite size. The burger was excellent, I assume it was using Irish beef.

Last but not least, the hotel granted me a late check-out until 3pm (instead of the standard noon check out time). This allowed me to take it easy before checking out. The checkout was again very friendly and - as I had a few hours spare - decided to take an afternoon walk in town. The receptionist took a few moments out to talk me through the city map and tailored a small walking tour to allow me to see a few city sights prior to my departure. I was able to leave my luggage at reception. On picking it up after my city walk, I was immediately greeted by surname and the team wished me a safe trip back home.

All in all, full marks for the end-to-end customer experience provided by all of the hotel staff. The suite was spacious but: was a bit too brown in colour shades for my liking. I suppose colour is a matter of taste. I was very pleased with the stay at this hotel nevertheless, in particular because of its professional and friendly service by all members of staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Frodoslodo

Hi Frodoslodo,
Thank you so much for this great review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you was pleased with your stay in Dublin. All you feedback are taken on board. I will be delighted to share this with the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Royal.
Thank you again for advising future guests staying in Dublin.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night ... very limited car space in the car park , which as a resident you are still charged €10.. the public bar was closed off from 5.45 pm for a private function which left limited seated area .. residents bar closed at 2.30am and no cash was excepted and we were asked to give our cc details at the reception ,, this would have been more convenient at the point of Check In as some people in our company had to go back to there rooms to get their cards..toilets in the function room are down 2 flights of stairs .. room was fabulous but all tea making facilities where down on the bottom shelve of the wardrobe so if you do have back problems you may have difficulties ... friendly staff ,very comfortable throughout hotel ..but won.t be returning..

Room Tip: rooms at the front mat have better views but ours was over the rear patio area and was lovely..
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TFROMB
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Reviewer,
I would like to apologize for the trouble you had with our car parking and resident bar. Thank you for the feedback, we take it on board. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on a future visit in Dublin.
Kindest Regards, Francois

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here for a one night stay in a regular double room to visit Dublin. Very friendly, efficient check in and quick check out. The hotel reception and bar is a lovely shiny space and our room was spotless. We ate in the restaurant during our stay and the food was fantastic. Breakfast was lovely and the choice of items was immense. The location of this hotel is amazing as it is literally a five minute walk to Grafton Street. Will definitely go back and will recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Room 309 very quiet and has lovely sofa/coffee table to relax at!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Taytoman

Hi Taytoman,
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed our great service here at the Radisson Blu Royal. Thank you for your future recommendation and we hope to welcome you back in Dublin in a near future.