“Back Again... And It's Even Better Than Before.”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #18 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I wrote a review two years ago, giving the hotel a nearly perfect score. I should have throttled my opinion back a bit, because it's even better now than last time.

(I visit Dublin every year on business. I stay for 10 days to two weeks. I've brought my wife and two grown daughters over, individually, to visit for long weekends now and then. So it's both a business and get-away destination for them and me.)

What's better? A lot, actually.

Most noticeable is the service. It just doesn't get much better than this. Although there have been a few personnel changes, pretty much the same staff has been here for quite a few years. The degree of teamwork they've built is fantastic, and noticeable. It contributes to guests feeling like they are truly being looked after.

I understand both their restaurant and lounge have won "best hotel dining" awards this year. That's not surprising. The food is fresh, plentiful, reasonably priced, and absolutely delicious. They've changed the menu this year and it offers more choices and flexibility for ordering what and how much you choose to eat.

Some of little things are better as well. Wifi has been upgraded improving connection quality and eliminating multiple log ins as you move from room to lounge to lobby to restaurant. For a business person, that's important.

I didn't mention that it's one of the quietest city center hotels I've ever stayed in. That's important to me.

I've travelled all over the world. 28 countries last count. And stayed in a lot of fine hotels. I can say that this is, for me, is the one in which I'm most comfortable. For me, that's golden. In Dublin, I can't imagine ever wanting to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can spring the extra money for Business Class, it's worth it. Robes, Nespresso machine, q...
2  Thank lovethevineyard
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi David,
Thank you for returning here at the Radisson Blu Royal in Dublin since our Opening back in Summer 2007.
It is always a pleasure to receive your feedback. We all hope that on your next visit, your family will be able to join us. Please feel free to pass by the front office desk at anytime until your departure if you require anything.
With Kindest Regards, Francois

Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel, once found, just off South Great George's Street was imposing. A nice 4* (probably 4* plus) very close to Temple Bar, but just far enough away to be avoid the noise and crowds, which were about 5 minutes walk away

The modern bar, on this Friday night, was packed with office workers and gave a great vibe to the place, pity about the rainy day though (it is Dublin). As they do Tapas meals, I thought this was a great idea, especially Friday's to offset some of the drink

I received my room key very quickly and the lift shot me up to a very well laid out room, everything you needed was there and felt very comfortably at home within minutes

I explored the area on foot with everything really being within just a few minutes walk away

I did not take breakfast at the hotel, but appeared very appetising (I did look in)

The only thing I think the hotel has wrong, is they only use a rooftop area, which has it's own bar, for private venues. As it probably has one of the highest viewpoints in the city with great views I would have thought they would have been creating a special VIP bar, or cocktail bar up there, open to general public or members. The only downside the capacity limit was 50

2  Thank GaryCI
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear GaryCI,
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. Feedback from a Senior Contributor is really important for us.
You mentioned that our Super Buffet Breakfast "appeared very appetizing", I will highly recommend you to try it on your next visit in Dublin, it's a delight!
Thank you again for your review. Awaiting for a future trip in Ireland, follow us on Facebook/Twitter and keep in touch with the Radisson Blu Royal in Dublin.
Kindest regards, Francois

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for one night at Easter and found the hotel to be excellent. Adam on check-in was very pleasant, helpful and efficient. We had interconnecting rooms which were very clean, roomy and considerately stocked with everything you would need to feel comforatable eg nice toiletries, coffee machine/tea facilities, extra pillows etc. We called the one touch service for housekeeping who arrived at the door within a few minutes and were very pleasant and helpful. The four of us had a comfortable sleep and then all found the breakfast to be great - great staff again who cleared dishes away very quickly and who saw very quickly that I needed help with the toaster ( it wasn't hard- it was just me !) The breakfast room was nice to sit in and the food was tasty and plentiful.Heading out, the front desk were very good with information, directions and giving us helpful maps. The hotel took us a couple of goes to get to as it is on a side street but we got there (we don't have sat nav - just check out your map carefully if you don't either).It has car parking underneath which cost 10 euros for an overnight stay which was fine as we could leave the car there on day of departure as well so that we could sightsee so this was good value, I think. It is about 5-10 minutes walk to Grafton Street so is within walking distance of most sights. Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

HI Grangers,
I am really please to read your review here on TripAdvisor. We are trilled to hear that your all family enjoyed the stay in Dublin. I will share your comment with Adam and the entire team here at the Radisson Blu Royal.
Do not hesitate to follow us on Facebook & Twitter and see our latest news and offers.
With Kindest Regards, Francois

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We recently spent three nights in Dublin and couldn't have chosen a better hotel. Location was central, within easy walking distance of the city centre and very close to stops 11 and 12, (St Patricks), on the red 'Hop on, Hop off' bus route. Rooms were very stylish with plenty of room, large, comfortable bed, separate seating area and a good sized bathroom with big bath and shower.
Previous reviews mention:
1) Bad beds and pillows - I would say they were perfect for me, it's down to personal taste after all
2)Incorrect room temperature - our room had an air conditioning/heating control which was very easy to operate
All staff were friendly and courteous and the 'one touch' phone service was very efficient. I'm sure if we had encountered any problems, they would have been rectified immediately. Room service was delicious and we also had a complimentary dish of fresh strawberries, cookies and muffins on our first day - a lovely touch.
We would definitely stay here again and have no hesitation in recommending the Radisson Blu, Golden Lane, Dublin to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room on the 5th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear K R,
Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin. All your future recommendations are really welcome. We are glad the our One Touch Service concept make your stay as easy as possible. This is our aim here at the Radisson Blu Royal, Dublin.
Please follow us on Facebook and/or twitter and stay in touch with the Royal!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

we held our dads 80 th birthday here. service and food were wonderful. Staff couldn't do enough for dad and made his night very special. rooms are spacious and comfortable. breakfast is a feast. very luxurious feel to hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank colohare
Radisson B, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear colohare,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of your Dad's 80th Birthday party.

We are so thrilled that the event went off without a hitch. Glad you enjoyed the Super Buffet Breakfast too.

We hope to see you and your family back in the Hotel soon for the next celebration.

Thanks again,

Michelle Ebbs
Sales & Marketing Executive
michelle.ebbs@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Hotel room was excellent. Roomy and clean and very modern. Staff was very helpful in suggesting restaurants all of which were delicious. Additionally arrived at 8am and they were able to check us in and give us a room that early. Location was top notch right near st. Patricks and a short walk to most other attractions. Would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi mkloko,
Thank you very much for sharing your stay on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed Dublin and the Radisson Blu Royal. We hope you had a good journey back in New York.
Awaiting for your future trip in Ireland, join us on Facebook and/or Twitter and stay in touch with the entire team here at the Royal!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel is great. The staff is friendly. It is in a great location. The only bad part of this hotel is the bed and pillows. The bed is hard and the pillows go flat. There are 4 pillows on the bed, and they all compress in the middle of the night down to about an inch when stacked on top of each other.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Francois_Royal, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Jason G,
Thank you very much to choose the Radisson Blu Royal for your first review of TripAdvisor website. I informed our Executive Housekeeper in regard of the pillow and mattress, thank you for those feedback.
Jason, we are happy to see that all other part of your stay went well and I will share it with the entire Team here at the Royal.
Please follow us on Facebook & Twitter and see our latest news and offers.