“Great location, service and quality”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #13 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Oslo, Norway
“Great location, service and quality”
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for a weekend with my partner. The hotel was a great experience, friendly and helpful staff, the room was clean, the bathroom big, and the neighbourhood was nice and in walking distance of everything you need.The only downside is the price of the breakfast - €24. Instead we had breakfast at a cafe nearby. Would definitely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
carlisle
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We stayed for the weekend and couldn't fault the standard of the room - massive double bed, bath and shower both big enough for two, turndown service and apples left in case you needed fed during the night! Very quaint I thought. Bar service was excellent though could have bankrupted us if we'd had a few too many.
The only thing that spoiled the experience was the breakfast on our first day Sunday 30th.
The whole of the hot food buffet with the exception of the sausages was only just warm. The bacon was like cardboard. No-one came to remove our first course bowls or check if everything was to our liking or to see if we wanted more coffee. I reported this to the waitress on our way out and happily day two breakfast was much much better. All in all we would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Stayed at the Radison Blu Royal Hotel for a one-night break in dublin. Location is great, within walking distance of city centre restaurants, attractions, bars etc. Staff at reception were very helpful, offering assistance with maps, advice etc. Room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. Comfortable bed too.
We were on a room only booking basis, and breakfast quoted at €24 per person! Given that €10 buys a good breakfast in any cafe within a short stroll, that seemed a bit ridiculous (needless to say we didn't stay for breakfast).
We called in to the bar for a drink before going to bed: spacious bar but only a few people scattered about on a friday night, zero atmosphere.
Overall a high standard but I felt a bit overpriced and just a bit lacking in atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 22 January 2011

We stayed at the Radisson Blu in Dublin a few weekends ago. Our friends were staying at the Westin Grand about 8 minutes away, but I wanted to use free room stays so I chose this hotel for that reason only. So glad that I did. The hotel was in a decent enough area, very close to Temple bar and places to eat/drink. Our room was very nice - spacious, and had a nice desk/work area. I didn't have the breakfast so i can't comment on that.

My only critique, and it is in Radissons world-wide that I have been in, is that their lighting is terrible for getting ready. It is great ambience/mood lighting, but I think that in the bathroom they should have a way for the light to be brighter in order to put make-up on.

One additional thing I must mention is that I left my cell phone in my room, and the hotel was very helpful in getting it back to me. We were already at the airport when I figured this out, and had no time to go back. We called the hotel from another phone to see if they could locate it and they couldn't. I persisted that I knew it was there (it went off in the morning for my alarm), so I asked if they could double check the bedsheets, etc. Anyway, they found it and shipped it back to me quite promptly and at a very reasonable fee - i.e. I only paid for shipping, no hidden fees added in as a hotel surcharge. I was so happy for their service that I will definitely return here when in Dublin.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Stayed here for just one night in cold January (but wished I could have stayed longer)!

The hotel is very clean, spacious and modern - just as is the room I stayed in. I believe it was a standard double room but it was as large as some suites I've stayed in.

The staff were thoroughly polite, pleasant and friendly and genuinely seemed interested in me and my stay.

Free, fast, wireless Internet in the room was excellent and parking was very reasonable for a city centre hotel.

Overall - an excellent hotel right in the heart of Dublin. Will be staying in more Radisson Blu establishments if they're all like this one!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank simonp820
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We loved the room in this hotel- very spacious and modern! The location was great for a young couple into shopping, music and sightseeing. The staff was very friendly and helpful! We would stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank aboletcafaro
Glasgw
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Great hotel rooms are spacious and very modern. I would not think twice about returning!

• Stayed January 2011