“Good VALUE FOR MONEY”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nice, France
“Good VALUE FOR MONEY”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We got a great deal (50% ) discount through internet and really appreciated the hotel. It is just outside the noisy area of Dublin which is great when you want to relax after a busy day , yet you can walk everywhere.
Really full breakfast, nice staff and specially Vivian at reception. You can choose a smoking room if you want.
Clean rooms, great bathroom and efficient double glazing.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jean philippe p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wexford
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in Maldron and look forward to returning again. I was warmly greeted and delighted with large bright room and large bathroom. Everything was spotless and breakfast set me up for the day. Location was important for shopping and for hospital appointment. Great, what a find!
S Wade

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Unknown
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The room was much larger and more modern than I was anticipating. It looked great.

The hotel had a great atmosphere and is in a great location. It is 10 minute walk from shopping and 10-30 minute walk from many attractions.

The staff were pleasant and very helpful.

The food in the restaurant was good and average priced.

The only issue was the bathroom. It was clean and very big but the shower only had a curtain. There was no door or any type of ledge. There was only a drain,so you had to use extra towels to keep the water from flooding the bathroom.

Otherwise the hotel was great and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank lauraallyson
County Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights recently and found it good. It is v close to O'Connell Street and I was lucky to get one of their car parking spaces on-site although as per previous comments, spaces are limited

I found the staff to be very friendly and competent.

The room was good, only complaints would be the food. I ate in the bar one evening and it was nothing special, wouldn't recommend. Breakfast was just ok

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank IrelandLil
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The best part of this hotel is the staff - extremely friendly and always willing to help. After checking out, I had to use the hotel phone and was on hold with my airlines for 30 minutes - the staff always made sure I was comfortable and had some good conversation with me :) My overall stay was great and I definitely recommend Maldron as a place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Govind R
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I booked this hotel in Dublin as the location was great for a weekend of shopping, close to everything. I booked through alpharooms as its reputation comes well recommended. Upon my arrival, my friends and I were greated by an extremely rude woman at reception who informed me that there was no booking to match my reference number. I found this hard to believe as I had rang before leaving my home in Limerick to confirm my reservation. The woman asked me and my friends to wait in reception while she looked for the reservation. As she couldn't find it on the system, she decided to tell me that my booking was 'fraudulent' through alpharooms and also that the hotel was not available for booking through this website. A collegue of hers heard the goings on, and reassured me that they do deal with alpharooms and that he would sort out the problem. The lady at reception remained ignorant and unhelpful throughout our ordeal. When I questionned her about saying my booking was fraudulent she denied ever saying this, which was untrue as everybody at reception had heard her. We spent an hour waiting in the lobbly at reception treated as what can only be described as terrible. She never once apologised for the long wait or her attitude.
A week later I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager of the hotel, who I had previously rang to get the name of. I never heard back from my letter, which in my eyes is extremely unprofessional. The management must be as bad as the staff they employ at reception. It is very bad manners to not even acknowledge a letter of complaint.
I have since advised people not to stay here as I don't want anybody to be put through what we were put through.
It was nothing short of an awful experience. There are plenty other hotels in the area that have excellent customer service.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends