Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
Castle Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
Gate Hotel(Dublin)
3,175 results
All reviewstemple barcity centreminute walko connell streetironing boardairport busbuffet stylebooked this hoteltriple roommodern hoteltea and coffeevisiting dublinyogurttrinity collegeparnelleuroireland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My friend and I booked a room as I had an early appointment at the Mater Private Hospital the next day. We had stayed once before and will again as it was so comfortable, clean ,warm and convenient. The staff couldn't be any nicer. Definitely will recommend to my family and friends.
Thanks to all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at the Maldron recently on a business trip. I choose the hotel for its location but was astounded at the value for money. The hotel itself is beautiful, very clean and modern. We enjoyed the vibe of the place. The rooms where roomy, bed extremely comfortable. The best bit about the whole stay were the staff. They couldn't have been nicer, we arrived slightly early to check in and would have been happy with having our bags stored for an hour or so but we were allowed into the room at no extra charge. Asking for extra towels was met with immediate service. The breakfast was top notch and was well needed after celebrating clinching an exciting business deal in the nearby bars and restaurants the night before. Would highly recommend and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The hotel seems to be the Irish equivalent of a UK Premier Travel Inn, but better. The sort of place you'd stay on a nice business trip.

The reception staff were polite and welcoming and very clear on instructions for the hotel, including provision of free wifi in your room throughout your stay. Our room was very clean, well presented and nicely decorated when we arrived and kept very tidy every day by housekeeping staff. The bathroom (always a dealbreaker) was immaculate and I was very impressed. The bed was a comfy kingsize and I had no problem falling asleep very quickly. I wasn't able to open the window, which I like to do at night, but as we were on the fourth floor this was almost certainly a safety aspect and I am happy to overlook it as you could leave it 'on the latch' for ventilation. The curtains were daylight blocking so even on the bright, sunny mornings you were still in the dark at 10 a.m.!

The hotel is located on Parnell Square, which is just around the corner from O'Connell Street, the main street of the city, and very close to the DublinBus hop on hop off tour stop. It is also next to one of the main hospitals but I can't recall hearing any sirens in the middle of the night or anything that would wake you up.

The staff were very helpful, you can check out up to and including midday which is slightly later than average. Further, the guide states that they will look after your luggage for free until 1600 on day of departure, but the receptionist said that they'd happily hold it for as long as we wished for no cost and it was held in a secure area. You could even order a pizza from the restaurant opposite the hotel via room service until 0100 in the morning - useful after a night in Temple Bar!

The breakfast was available (if not pre-booked) for 8 Euro each, which I felt was slightly expensive, but given the choice, maybe not. It came in a buffet style and there was everything from bacon and eggs to cereals, yoghurt, pastries, toast, soda breads, fruit, tea, coffee, frothy choccymochachinos, fruit juices and cheese and cold meats and you could take as much as you liked. I would particularly recommend the homemade Guinness soda bread - very tasty!

There is also a car park available exclusively for guests, although this was not necessary for us.

Would stay here again with pleasure and happy to recommend. Fairly priced for a city centre hotel of this quality.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

the hotel is good value for money. convenient for attendance at the mater hospital. the staff were polite. I had only two complaints, the hair dryer was hopeless. the car park across the road was very expensive. I had asked could I leave the car overnight. they said yes, but neglected to tell me that this would incur an extra charge abd and if you go beyond noon next day that is also extra.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I spend one night (Wed 8th Jan) in the Maldron Hotel Parnell Square.It was incredible good value for money.We shared a very clean,spacious,and well equipped room.Tea/Coffee,ironing,etc. facilities.It was extremely quiet,Breakfast included in the price was excellent.Gorgeous breads!the guinness one to die for!!!Something for all palates.Unfortunately we were too late for dinner,so the staff very kindly ordered a pizza for us and offered us the facility of the diningroom to eat.The staff were so pleasant and accommodating.Well done.We have recommended this hotel to our friends who like ourselves live outside the pale.It is convenient for shopping in city centre as it is only a few minutes walk.Well done to all the staff .

Room Tip: We requested a back room and got one.It was so quiet,so we had a great nights sleep
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business