“A standard hotel”

Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
Ranked #51 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Lobby is a bit dark, but the rooms were fine. Clean regular sized room. Helpful staff gave us the opportunity to check in earlier. Good restaurant, excellent breakfast. Would recommend a hotel closer to the O'Connell Street. The neighborhood is a bit dodgy.

• Stayed: October 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,125)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Clare S
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Wasn't quite sure what to expect as we had never been to Dublin. I travel a ton for work typically using starwoods or Marriotts. This hotel is like a 4pts or Fairfield, nothing special but comfortable and well maintained.
Pos's central 2blocks from o'connell airlink drop off, walking distance to everything, rooms decent sized, beds good ( we booked at triple - a single and almost a queen). Wifi is provided
Negs breakfast for 9-12 euros pp depending if prebooked, walls are thin - 3am bar returnees ended my last night at the hotel
Decent value for the price.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room and bathroom were clean and well maintained. Very comfortable beds. They let us check in early when we arrived fro Dublin Airport. The staff was very helpful. Vivian, the front office manager is very accommodating. My daughter and I felt safe and cared for our stay which was 9 nights. Great location from Center City and Hop on/off buses.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My husband and I flew from the US to Ireland for our honeymoon in 2012 so perhaps it has changed since then but this was our experiience. We arrived in our wedding gear, white dress, tux and it was surprising that the hotel receptionist didn't greet us in a friendly manner and didn't acknowledge a friendly congrats, just gave us directions to get to our rooms, the rooms seemed clean enough, not what it looked like from the website, everything looked worn and older, I was more disappointed than my husband since I booked it, my husband said it didn't matter because it was a special time for us and was excited about being in Ireland for the first time and for our honeymoon. Yes we had a great time in Ireland but I would not book here again, I've stayed in plenty of B&B's that have been friendly and more than nice rooms. I'm sticking to that for my next trip in October 2014.

Room Tip: They seemed to have quite a bit of student travelers arrive for some event, so this maybe more suite...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gabecasta
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is an excellent hotel, in a great location. The rooms are air conditioned, clean, well appointed, and quiet. The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of linens, the wardrobe was convenient and the service was excellent. My one and only observation was that there was nowhere to put my soap/shampoo in the shower. It all sat on the floor. But given the cleanliness of the room and the excellent service, I'll get over it!

The restaurant/bar is very nice. The food was excellent, and the service top-notch.

The hotel is well located, within walking distance of numerous pubs and restaurants, shopping and other places of interest. Very close to the city center.

I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: You can have a stand up shower or tub with shower - make sure you specify. Both are nice!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

stayed here last week of June 2014. Staff is helpful with easy check in and check out. Room was very clean with comfortable beds. Hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance to city center. Hotel itself is very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends