“Fantastic”

Maldron Hotel Parnell Square
Ranked #48 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was my second time staying at the Maldron in Parnell Square. I only stayed for one night.

The staff at this hotel are great. I arrived far too early to check in (8am) but I stored my bags and the lady at reception offered to arrange a taxi to were I was going that day. I had been travelling since the middle of the night and wanted to freshen up in the bathrooms but you needed a keycard. I was about to turn away when a member of staff immediately came over and used her staff card to open the door.

The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully decorated. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
PhilipUzice, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Parnell Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Daisy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and I were delighted with your feedback and that you found the hotel to be so welcoming and the service from the staff to be so good.

We thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Philip Uzice

Write a ReviewReviews (3,106)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently had occasion to stay at this hotel for 10 nights. Overall I found it to be comfortable and clean. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The bedroom (a double room) was pleasant and clean but I would consider it small for 2 people. I did eat in the restaurant most nights and while the food is tasty and well presented I think the menu is very small and is the same every night. Also why are roast carrots served with almost every dish?? A bit of vegetable variety would be nice. Also on several nights at around 9pm all the stools were taken away from the bar area so one could not sit at the bar and have an after dinner drink. The location of the hotel is very good only being about 10 mins on foot to O'Connell Street. The other thing I did not like is that the only smoking area in the hotel is outside the front door which does not look good nor is it comfortable for the guest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank mary022

Dear Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

We are delighted you found the hotel to be so comfortable and convenient and the staff so helpful and friendly.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the menu in the restaurant and all your comments have been passed to the chef, who will relook at the selection in order to improve for the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights and was far from impressed. The hotel is quite rundown and would benefit from a good refurb. For the two nights I stayed the air conditioning in my room never worked and upon reporting this I was told that "I wasn't using it correctly" I made the mistake of purchasing the breakfast option where I was met with a very poor level of hygiene, dirty cups and plates, the hot and cold food was clearly stored inappropriately. Overall this was not a nice experience and I shall not be back nor would I recommend anyone else use this establishment, if all this is not enough the local neighborhood resembles a demilitarized zone.

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone stays at this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Simon K

Dear Simon,

I was very disappointed to learn that you were unhappy with your stay.

I have passed your comments regarding the poor service at breakfast to the team and we are organising retraining on customer service for everyone to ensure this is greatly improved in the future and the standards and cleanliness are upheld.

I would be delighted to discuss your issues in person as without knowing which room number you were in I am unable to investigate to matter with the air-conditioning. If you could please contact me on puzice@maldronhotels.com I would be delighted to discuss all your issues in more detail and work towards to resolving them for the future.
We thank you once again for your review feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel does exactly what it promises. They are big clean rooms and the hotel is in a reasonably good location. The staff were efficient, although could have been a little more personal. It would have been useful to have the voucher system for breakfast explained at check in and the opportunity to open a tab. Dinner was lovely and reasonably priced given that Dublin is an expensive city. Breakfast was okay but €12 seems a lot for a breakfast which is purely buffet service, especially as we had been told it would be €10.50 at the point of booking. But these are relatively minor points and both my sister and I thorough enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to hear that the pre-ordering discount was not fully explained on check-in.
Further training is being carried out to ensure each staff member explains this fully to each guest on arrival.
We thank you once again for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed two nights in this hotel at the end of a trip to Ireland. I didn't like the location after spending a night at the Hampton Hotel in Dublin. I found the area sketchy at night and the hotel staff were inattentive. The hotel room itself was fine. Only complaint was that the coffee maker in my room was rusty and dirty.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
PhilipUzice, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Parnell Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Farmer-Amanda,
I was very disappointed to learn that you were unhappy with your stay.

I have passed your comments regarding the inattentive service to the team and we are organising retraining on customer service for everyone to ensure this is greatly improved in the future.
I have also asked the accommodation team to do an audit on all tea/coffee facilities in the rooms as I have spot checked 2 dozen and found no issue, but we will ensure every single one is checked immediately to ensure they are all above standard.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We just came back from a week in Ireland, and I have to say the Maldron Parnell Square was the least favorite hotel of 5 we stayed in. The location was decent if you're looking for central city centre location. The hotel seemed a bit run down, and rooms were very small and very basic very no frills. We didn't have really high expectations given it was a 3 star, but based on other reviews that were so positive we had higher hopes that it didn't live up to. Had to walk several blocks from the O'Connell st. Airport bus drop off which is a bit of a hike with luggage. So I wouldn't strongly recommend, is ok but think there are better choices. Is decent for the $ price if you get a good rate. Just so so!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jgrimold

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was upset to hear you were disappointed with your stay and found the location to be so far. As can be seen from other comments most people find the location very convenient being only a 5 minute walk to O’ Connell Street, and also with the airport bus drop off on Parnell Square East it is only around the corner to the hotel.

I was upset that you did not enjoy your stay with us but we do appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here on our last night of the tour and we could not have asked for more. It was very nice. Our tour group ended up sitting altogether at dinner and the staff was EXCELLENT!!!!!! The hotel staff was very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay.

The entire team and I were delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.