“Super find!”

Ranked #48 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Super find!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Spotless clean,very comfy beds,small bedrooms.staff are very nice and helpful,also a big thank you to the lovely Vivian,very nice lady.Great breakfast,great homemade breads,good quality food.i would highly recommend this hotel and only 10 min walk(downhill)to O Connell St.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank gracegallag
PhilipUzice, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Parnell Square, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Grace,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and Vivian in particular were delighted with your feedback and that you found the hotel to be so comfortable and the staff to be so friendly and helpful.

We thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Philip Uzic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Finnish first

Positives-
Don't have to check out until 12 the next day
Clean room
Good size room
They keep you're bags once checked out
Cheap

Negatives-
Check in is at 2pm. We arrived at 2:20pm after walking around Dublin with a heavy backpack since 10am, all I wanted to do was get in my room, but for some reason at the most busiest time there was only one person on the desk and she was dealing with a customer who wasn't checking in and was taking ages. Eventually someone else came on the desk, after seeing at least two members of staff walk passed and ignore it.
The area, the hotel is opposite some very untidy looking flats and depending on how you walk to the hotel you may have to get to it through a not very nice area. If you walk straight up O'Connell Street and left around the square it's not so bad. We had no problems but my sister did say she didn't want to get back to the hotel late at night, so we didn't.

Overall if I came back to Dublin I wouldn't completely eliminate this hotel. It may be a little away from the main attractions but it was very cheap at £71 a night bed only for two people midweek.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We were delighted that you found the hotel to be so comfortable and convenient.

I have passed your comments regarding the inattentive service to the team and we are organising retraining on customer service for everyone to ensure this is greatly improved in the future. I can only apologise for this and for the staff members who walked passed without assisting as this behaviour is unacceptable.

Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We have been at the Maldron Hotel for five days. What a lovely place, the hotel staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were great with bottled water and chocolates and so comfortable. We had a lovely meal in the hotel on our last night, after all the walking and sightseeing we decided to stay in the restaurant, there we had the best meal we have had in Dublin served by a very attentive waiter Sean. The hotel is within walking distance of all the main sites and transport. So thank you Maldron you made our stay in Dublin!

Dear Annette,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and I were delighted with your feedback and that you found the hotel to be so the service from the staff to be so good. Both Sean and the kitchen team in particular were delighted to receive such glowing praise.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed here a while back and I told the individual who helped me Sibi Daniel that I was so impressed that I would mention this hotel in a review. The room I got was not extravagant but it was extremely clean. The hotel in general was very cozy, not the type that I am used too staying. But what caught my attention the most was the level of service. It was far and beyond what I thought I would get at such a sized hotel, Sibi was extremely courteous and took the extra step of making sure I was catered too. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Dublin definitely check this hotel out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank damwalsh_dlf
Dear Damwalsh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and Sibi in particular were delighted with your feedback and that you found the service from the staff to be so good.

Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The staff on the desk were extremely helpful. My husband had a lot of trouble with his credit card. They were patience and very understanding to two old folks trying to be travel smart.

The dinning staff too were friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It is within walking distance to everywhere in the center of
Dublin. We will be back in two years time all being well.
Carmel and Glenn Lewis.

Room Tip: higher rooms at the back
Green Features: They suggested that when using the towels hang them up and use for two days instead of one. This was just a suggestion, you did not have to do it. [this is if you were staying more than one day]
Dear Carmel.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and I were delighted with your feedback and that you found the hotel to be so welcoming and the service from the staff to be so good.

We thank you once again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in a couple of years.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I just got back from a week stay at Parnell Square in Dublin. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and knowledgable. They were always available to help either with accepting faxes for my work or recommending a place to eat. The lobby was very clean and pleasing to the eye and the rooms were very clean and had no problems with that. Things I was disappointed with - no face clothes or ice buckets in the rooms, no mini fridge in the room and no take away cups for the complimentary coffee! A necessity for someone on the go. Me and my boyfriend were also put in this tiny awkward shape corner room that was not even close to enough room for two people. I badly hurt my foot trying to get around the corner of the bed. I also found it slightly out of the way for us as we walked everywhere and something closer to temple bar for food and nightlife would have been better. Overall I would definitely stay here again based on the hotel itself as long as I was in a larger room. However I tended to walk everywhere so I probably wouldn't stay here solely based on the location.

Room Tip: Don't get room 323!!
Green Features: This hotel was very environmentally friendly! They had posted signs in the bathrooms showing where to put correct trash and how to use towels. Didn't seem like they wasted much with zero face clothes, no complimentary bottles of toiletries as they had them on the wall.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on tripadvisor.

The team were delighted with the positive feedback regarding the service throughout your stay.

I was very disappointed about the issues with your room size. Although this room is a double room we try to allocate the room for single people, staying on their own. I am sorry on this occassion this did not happen and further training will be carried out to eliminate this from happening in future.

I have spoken to the accommodation manager regarding face cloths for guests and we have no ordered a stock of face cloths for guests should they be required.

We thank you once again for your feedback and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

With my wife we stayed at the Maldron for 3 nights
Rooms excellent spacious with good air con and wet room
Staff very helpful
Personal safe if needed
Restaurant food and service was as good as we've experienced
Location good for Central Dublin

Green Features: Good/sound practices around all aspects which was good to see

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

The entire team and I were delighted with your feedback and that you found the hotel to be so comfprtable and the service from the staff to be so good.