“Great Company, Great Hike”
Review of Hiking Ireland

Hiking Ireland
Ranked #38 of 120 Outdoor Activities in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you are looking for Outdoor Activites Day Hikes, Guided day walks in Dublin, Hiking and Hillwalking in Ireland, Trekking in Ireland's mountains and Waymarked Trails.Then you are in the right place. Check out our sample walk pages and see some of our many walks. We have the experience to tailor any walk to suit you and your Familly or Group's needs. If you are a youth leader or teacher and need some time outdoors in a safe environment Please contact us.
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Damian was what really made the hike that we took great. We had a group of about 11 individuals, and he was friendly through email and when we met him for the hike. The hike that we took was beautiful, with the added bonus of the historical knowledge from Damian. Our guides came prepared with extra jackets and hats for our group had we needed them, and first aid kits to address any potential problems. A great hike overall!

Date of experience: May 2016
"beauty"
"ireland"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Our group from work did an offsite with Hiking Ireland where we hiked out to Howth Head. It was a fantastic day! Damian and Margaret are very knowledgable and a great team. The tour was fun and entertaining and the views amazing! I really liked that they were good judges of everyone's ability on the team so kept pace accordingly. We hope to do other events with them in the future! :)

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank IrishAoife
Reviewed 24 February 2016

There's no better way to beat fatigue from a long haul trans-Atlantic flight than to go hiking in beautiful Dublin. Damian and Margaret were fantastic as guides and took care of me so well on the two hiking trips that I took with them. They even brought an extra pair of hiking shoes and a raincoat for me to use. And they stopped on the way for us to pick up lunch and also brought coffee and snacks for us to enjoy on our hike. Both hikes were just awesome and I could not stop ooohing and ahhing at the beautiful scenery. On the second Glendalough hike, it snowed a little bit and everything looked so pretty. We were lucky to spot lots of deer and a robin on our hiking trail. It was a real treat to be out in the mountains and enjoy such stunning views. But I'm so glad that I explored these trails with Margaret and Damian. They were very knowledgable about the area and its history, and made the trips very interesting. I really, really had such a fantastic time and I can't wait to return to Dublin to hike again with them.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank rc201511
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

I had the pleasure of going on a view trips with Damien and Margaret and I throughly enjoyed it. It was great to have the local history and bits of knowledge I would have walked past had I gone on my own. Definitely recommend these guys.

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank Anne M
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 January 2016

Damian was our guide for our walk and hike in Howth. It was a wonderful walk from Howth to Sutton and all around the coast and to the summit and beyond. I thought I'd get bored of walking but Damian had many wonderful stories and was very well informed on the local history of the area to keep myself and others entertained. I can honestly say that it was one of the more enjoyable walks I've had, if not the longest! Cannot recommend HikingIreland.ie enough and look forward to going on further walks and hikes with them.

Date of experience: January 2016