Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Day hike in the Wicklow Mountains

I had one more day in Dublin and decided to find a guided hike. Was very pleased that Damien... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
Sherri G
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Hike the brandy pad

Excellent day out with Hiking Ireland. Thank you for all the information and stories. If you want... read more

Reviewed 12 September 2018
MaryG2357

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$36.40
from US$40.50
from US$32.40
from US$46.30
More Info
All reviews howth head great hike flora and fauna local history day hike great group beautiful walk dublin area wicklow mountains damien trail mournes pace knowledge company beauty ireland
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Our group was one parent and three kids (ages 7-11). They put together a custom tailored hike for us based on each person's interests. The hike included going off the pavement, finding gold, an abandoned village, major lakes, edible plants, and a few locations where movies and shows are filmed. The tour guides were friendly, knowledgeable, and funny. This was the perfect last day for our trip to Ireland!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

How to begin . . . Margaret and Damien could not have been more perfect guides for my long awaited hike of the Howth Head Loop. The hike was to be the finishing touch of my trip. But I was traveling alone on a long, mostly boring, business trip. I was tired, my body ached from lugging and kicking a heavy suitcase from planes to trains to buses. I just wanted to get home. After a few logistical issues, I thought perhaps it would be best to cancel my visit to Howth. I am so thankful that I kicked myself in the butt and made myself go because not only was Howth a brilliant finish to my long week but it is the one memory I keep recalling and wishing I could do over and over again. Of course it didn't hurt to have an absolutely perfect day - not a cloud in the robin's egg blue sky - with a refreshing constant breeze from the sea. But any day would be wonderful there. I learned so much from Margaret and Damien that day - about hiking, history and the pure enjoyment of a beautiful walk. And then there was the "99" at the end of the journey - but you'll have to visit Margaret and Damien to find out what a "99" is. Mine was just divine! Thank you so much, M&D!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 25 January 2017

We had a great Moderate hike from Bray to Greystones , We got a lovely dry day not too cold for 24th January, but were advised to bring appropriate clothing for all weathers. The walk from Bray 7km very enjoyable and suitable for most walkers, on return a little more exertion and calories used for climbing to Bray head but it was well worth the climb .Well done to Damian and Margaret for their very interesting story telling that we should all know, (in total approx. 16km in total ) I hope to make myself available for their next hike 14th Feb on the Wicklow Way .

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank vcox11
Reviewed 9 January 2017

I joined a large group of about 35 people for a Sunday hike about 2 months back in aid of a charity that my friend had organised. The weather on the day was sublime with blue skies over Howth however what still stands out in my mind were the guides that accompanied us. Their local knowledge of the area and their genuine interest in what they do added to the stunning sights of the area. Myself and another friend spent most of the hike which started early at 10 am and finished at around 5pm listening to local tales of the area spanning back years and even centuries. It was a fantastic day and the best hike I have done in a long time. I would highly recommend Damian and Margaret whose knowledge and enthusiasm for hiking is admirable. Great day out and some facts about the area that I will remember. One of the best days of 2016.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Hiking Ireland brought a large group of us around Howth Head where they showed us an amazing trail that is full of amazing views and history! They are so knowledgable and made the whole thing so much fun with their good humour and friendliness. Would highly recommend Hiking Ireland for a fun day out!!

Date of experience: November 2016