Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Day hike in the Wicklow Mountains

I had one more day in Dublin and decided to find a guided hike. Was very pleased that Damien... read more

Reviewed 9 October 2018
Sherri G
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Top notch hiking guides and an amazing day in Wicklow National Park!

Reviewed 6 September 2018
cbl328
Ithaca, New York

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from US$36.30
from US$40.30
from US$32.20
from US$46.00
More Info
All reviews howth head great hike flora and fauna local history day hike great group beautiful walk dublin area wicklow mountains damien trail mournes pace knowledge company beauty ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2018

While in Dublin for a conference, I had a day available to travel in the region. I was lucky enough to come across HikingIreland. From the moment that I reached out to Damian and Margaret, they were professional and organized as well as flexible and helpful. They took me on a hike in Wicklow National Park and over the course of the day provided fascinating information on the history of Ireland and the sites we were passing, the flora and fauna, the current day culture, sports and politics as well as useful recommendations for additional tips and other trips that I could on after the conference. They are both so charming, funny and down to earth and I thoroughly enjoyed their company. I honestly can’t think of anything else they could have done to make it a better day! I wholeheartedly recommend HikingIreland to anyone traveling in the Dublin area who is looking to get outdoors and learn a lot! Thanks again Damian and Margaret! I hope to have the opportunity to hike with you again someday!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

With Damian's explanations along the hike, two newbies inclusing me started to pick up more knowledge regarding Irish peaks especially Lugnaquilla Moutain. The misty weather gave us the limited visibility and at some point when six of us needed to use our voice to find each other and ensure we were still on the right track with our comfortable pace . Our guide of the day, Damian, is knowledgeable and humours. Therefore, all of us not only stopped by for the wild animals such as an Irish deer and sheeps as well as the plants and landscaping but also did we pace well for this hike. We reached the peak around 20 to two and gathered together for a specialy misty peak lunch celebration. The wind blowing the mist away, we were surrounding by the laughters from other groups and ours. When we were on our way back, we were once in the high wind when everyone needed to put on extra layers. We were very pleased to gain an opportunity to see our mountains more clearly when we were in a half way down. With the professional guide like Damian, we were fearless to follow him to admire the beauty of the nature because we know we were safely guarded by him in our adventure. Thank you Damian for the ice cream treat as a reward for our efforts to complete our hike through the military training ground on June 2nd, 2018. I will be looking forward to my next hike with you soon.

Date of experience: June 2018
85damiang, Owner at Hiking Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you so much it was an absolute pleasure hiking with you hope you join us again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Damien directed us well in extremely foggy conditions and is knowledgeable of the trail. Great group! The hike was amazing and he was on time. Nicely organised.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Mitsubishi13
85damiang, Owner at Hiking Ireland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you so much it was a pleasure walking with you.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of hiking with Damien in Glendalough today! It was a great experience and I enjoyed it very much. Damien is very knowledgeable about the area and the fauna/flora,and I loved learning about the local history. Thank you so much! I'd be happy to join again another time!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank KristineJ36
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have been walking & hiking with Hiking Ireland since 2017. Margaret & Damien are the leaders. They are the BEST. They plan a great route, do a great hike. They give great historical and architectural talks on all the areas & places we go. You learn so much of the history, geography & such.
It is great fun, great laughs, great exercise and great tea-breaks. It is so relaxing.
Margaret & Damien take care of everyone, always checking to ensure everyone is OK. I have done so many hikes & walks, including The Mournes, Cooleys, Omeath, Bray, Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey & Killiney. Anyone who wants a great walk and/or hiking experience just contact Hiking Ireland & ENJOY.
Thank you so much Margaret & Damien. Regards. Gloria K.

Date of experience: March 2018