“Best lunch in Dublin?”

Ranked #327 of 2,559 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$39 - US$85
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Ideally located on Dawson Street a stone's throw away from St Stephen's Green. Amuse Restaurant specialises in tasting Menus rooted in French cuisine with a distinctly Asian feel.
“Best lunch in Dublin?”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had the pleasure of having lunch in Amuse last week with my brother. I eat out regularly for lunch in Dublin and no doubt about it Amuse is currently serving some of the most original food in the city. We had the 5 course tasting menu with wines and the only complaint I had was I wish I went for the 7 course menu. The food is top drawer and Conor and his friendly waiting staff deserve all the praise that is currently being lavished on them.

Whether you are a foodie living in Dublin or just visiting for the a few days Amuse is not to be missed. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Korean first
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a look at Trip adviser as we do from time to time to see if there is any new restaurant's in town, And we picked Amuse which is number 6 on the list. I believe it should be closer to the top after our visit last night.
Firstly the staff are superb, they must have a lot of experience or training, everyone had there job to do and they did it well.
They have three different types of menu and prices, We went for the seven course taster menu and were not disappointed, the food is fresh, well presented and bursting with flavours.
you can get different wines with the seven course menu but it's expensive x 2 so with advice from the waitress we picked a bottle of their Italian red, it was so smooth we loved it.
The seating is comfortable a spacious enough. This is a truly special restaurant and will recommend it to my friends.

1 Thank jim o
“Really amazing Amuse”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Tried Amuse with two friends; three days later we're still talking about it. Amazing experience for a non-foodie (sorry, I like meat & two veg). Went with the 5 course taster & really sorry I wasn't brave enough to go for the 7 course. Starter was a melee including squid's ink - big surprise; I loved it. Next up was the pork - Divine! Then my favourite - beef; how do they get meat to melt & hold it's texture & flavour at the same time? The service was attentive without being over-bearing. This place is new; as it's reputation grows so will the price. Right now it's up there with the best value in gourmet food in Dublin.

1 Thank Paul B
“An adventure in flavour!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited Amuse with friends on Friday night. I don't normally review places but I wanted to in this case. I left the place feeling really well taken care of. There's an ambition in the food here, and your going to want to share with your dinner companions what's going on with your taste buds as you dive into each dish a real treat. And the staff! It's such a rare thing these days to meet staff who are both friendly and professional. They capped off a lovely night. It's a new place and a bit of a hidden gem, but not for long given our experience.

3 Thank Mark N
“SUPERB”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Went to Amuse for dinner with my husband, we both have worked in the catering industry for 20 years. On entering the restaurant the ambiance was relaxed but buzzy. We love our food and wine and chose the seven course tasting menu paired with exceptionally chosen wines to compliment the food.
It started with an exceptional amuse bouche & was followed by 6 exceptional courses of food to delight! Theatre at the table came with the oysters which were served alongside dry ice to bring the WOW factor, although the food accomplished that all by itself!
The treats were endless, foie gras & cherries, the most beautiful halibut dish with a light and fragrant broth and a smoked lamb curry! Every mouthful was a delight!
Service was exceptional, helpful, friendly yet unobtrusive!
We arrived a little before 8 & leaving at 12.30 to get home for the babysitter we could have easily stayed another hour (r two if the staff would have let us). Not just dinner a real night out!!! First time in a long time we've had the pleasure of such a relaxed & enjoyable dining experience. Rest assured "We'll be back!"

• Visited July 2014