“A great new addition to the Dublin Restaurant scene”
Review of Amuse Restaurant

Amuse Restaurant
Ranked #301 of 2,558 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$39 - US$85
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Description: Ideally located on Dawson Street a stone's throw away from St Stephen's Green. Amuse Restaurant specialises in tasting Menus rooted in French cuisine with a distinctly Asian feel.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A great new addition to the Dublin Restaurant scene”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Early dinner on Saturday evening-small portions, but big on flavour, and undoubtedly a great new addition to the Dublin Restaurant scene. Conor (owner/chef) and the front of house staff do a great job.
On a personal view I would prefer a more flexible menu basis -where I could chose individual courses and all priced separately, but saying that, the waiter was able to accommodate me- no problem.
I look forward to my next visit, and I'm sure when word gets out -it's going to be busy.

2 Thank 481TrevorMac

• Korean first
Limerick, Ireland
“Fusion at its best”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Happened on the restaurant mid week and what a find we had the 2 courses for €29.00. The food was intricate, well balanced flavours - amazing flavours. The dishes are presented as well as you could imagine.

Wines are well priced. The service was super friendly, knowledgable and very professional. Would love to do the tasting menu - it read beautifully. Only downside the restaurant interior does not live up to the fabulous food.

1 Thank P R
Dublin, Ireland
“A Real Find & Terrific Value”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We found ourselves with a rare afternoon without our kids, so headed into town for a quiet lunch and happened upon this newly opened restaurant, just down from the Mansion House on Dawson Street. If I had studied the menu before we went in I would probably have given it a miss - and that would have been a tragedy as this was one of the best lunches I have ever had! The room itself is very comfortable and relaxed and the French waiter was fantastic. We chose the two-courses for €24 and I was a little troubled cos I am a bit of a chicken or steak kind of gal. There were lots of things I had never heard of or tried before so I went for the glazed beef which was amazing - melt in your mouth amazing. My husband had the hake and loved it. We were also served little samples of coconut foam and pea puree with rose petal on top. It was a taste sensation. The deserts were also an experience in themselves. I had the coconut panna cotta and blackcurrant sorbet which was superb. Coffee was served with home-made petit fours. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. It was an incredible dining experience and terrific value. We cannot wait to go back for dinner.

3 Thank deedeemac_12
Oslo, Norway
“Great french/asian fusion”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Spent a great afternoon here. We had their 5-course summer menu with matching wines. The food was great and the staff was very attentive. My favorite was the pre-menu starter, a combination of squid ink, a caviar nigri and a creamy shot of sourly goodness. It did'nt fall far from there though, but as I'd expect the staff to read this here are some hints ;) 1) The wine-menu is not entirely up to scratch with the food. I know this is a pricing issue, but I would assume visitors in this pricebracket to accept more that 35EUR for wine. 2) The spicy cavage served with the quale overpowers it, the idea is good, but it needs refinement. 3) The roquefort is great, but the portions are exessive. I'd appreasiate the dish more with two cheeses or less on my plate. Either way, very well worth your time :)

Dublin, Ireland
“Best lunch in Dublin?”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had the pleasure of having lunch in Amuse last week with my brother. I eat out regularly for lunch in Dublin and no doubt about it Amuse is currently serving some of the most original food in the city. We had the 5 course tasting menu with wines and the only complaint I had was I wish I went for the 7 course menu. The food is top drawer and Conor and his friendly waiting staff deserve all the praise that is currently being lavished on them.

Whether you are a foodie living in Dublin or just visiting for the a few days Amuse is not to be missed. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Looking forward to my next visit already.