“The only way to travel!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Beatha

Bathroom Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
turning the barge
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 6 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“The only way to travel!”
Reviewed 27 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Trish and Mick were wonderful hosts. Not only was Trish there to meet us and show us the special features of Tig Beatha, and Mick available for barge-wrangling guidance, they had kitted out this floating apartment with everything anyone could want (and then some). After full days of adventure we sat on the bow balcony and watched the sunset, chatted with the family of swans, tried to predict where the next fish jump would be. We could eat in - or not - as we chose. It was a delight to be within walking distance of all that Dublin offers yet still feel the sense of privacy and connection that can be challenging to find in a city. Brilliant!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being so private in the middle of a city
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Andysview
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Getting fed up and bored with staying in formulaic chain hotels, I decided to try something different, so hired the barge for 2 nights this week for one of my very regular business trips this week.

One of my main criteria is to be close to our offices and this was within 5 minutes walk of all 4 of them.

Trish, the owner couldn't have been more helpful, especially as my flight was delayed for over 3 hours!, but was there waiting to greet me. Lovely barge, just right, has all the facilities I would find in a chain hotel, apart from room service, however has a kitchen and many cafes and restaurants on the doorstep, so no problem.

Good WiFi (better than most hotels I stay in), couldn't think of anything missing that I needed or wanted.

Huge pros however, Trish had left me milk in the fridge and tea, coffee, chocolate etc, as well a a packet of McVitie's Chocolate biscuits, what chain hotel would do that (apart from in the extortionate mini bar!!!)

Large bed, very comfortable, slept very, I am sure being on the water helped

Bathroom great, shower better than many hotels!

Evening entertainment watching through the window local lads jumping of the bridge into the water ;-)

I instantly felt at home and relaxed, and could do my own thing, TV and Radio, WiFi and the city and work on my doorstep, what more could I want.

Highly recommended, will certainly consider staying again if available, my colleagues very curious and somewhat jealous and the went back to their hotel (some miles away) and I wandered back to my boat ;-)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and convinience
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mehmet Ar...
“perfect experience!”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

we had many questions before we arrive there as it was going to be first barge hiring for both of us.
before i and my girlfriend arrived to the barge Trish totally informed us about every singly thing in and around the barge by the video she took.
We had 3 nights there and suddenly realized that we are having plan for our next trip.
Dont ask yourself second time if you read this. Just go there, i assure you all, you will be 100% satisfied with everything there!
Thanks million Trish, you are the one!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing