“Hard to find but worth the effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 101 Talbot Street

101 Talbot Street
Ranked #80 of 2,546 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Hard to find but worth the effort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Restaurant was book by friends and I was doubtful at first. Very pleasantly surprised by both the food and the very friendly staff.
Located above the cobblers you could easily pass it by, I did twice. The exterior is a bit off putting as there are a few unlikely looking people hanging about outside. Inside is a transformation.

The baked hake is divine and some of the best I have ever tasted. The set menu is good value and wines are very reasonable.
Will I return definitely, would I recommend it absolutely.

Booking recommended it was very busy.last Friday night.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank joan k

• Polish first
Waterford, Ireland
“A little gem on Talbot Street”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our group of four people enjoyed a truly wonderful meal in this stylish restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff were friendly and helpful. We chose from the set menu which in our opinion was wonderful value at 28 euro for three courses. A memorable evening for sure.

New York City, New York
“Super Restaurant Near Abbey Theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The restaurant at 101 Talbot Street has an unlikely location above a shoe repair shop at the address which is also its name. We selected it because of its proximity to the Abbey Theatre and recommendations we had received from a tour guide and our hotel. The atmosphere is contemporary and bright, the service good, and the food was the best we had in Dublin, a city that has lots of good food!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank RichardPorter
West Midlands
“Excellent Food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

An upstairs restaurant on Talbot Street that is not easy to find at first search - look for the red doorway. Closed on Sunday and Monday (but that wasn't clear in the guide book we had) This is an oasis in a run down street away from the attractions but only 5 minutes from O'Connell Street. We had excellant food at very reasobale prices with friendly service. Very good value and would recommend as somewhere quiet away from Temple Bar. Guiness was also good.

1 Thank octim
Meath
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The person that took my reservation was very friendly. The restaurant was very busy. We had the Smoked Cheese & Tomato Crostini and Scallops, Black Pudding, Pea Puree & Pea Shoots for starters. Both were excellent. I had the Hake for main course it was really good. My husband had the Pork Cutlet it was overcooked and said it came with baby potatoes but there weren't any and no one came to check on our food so we just left it. I had the Rhubarb & Apple Crumble, it was so good. My husband had the special he said it was good. The restaurant was really busy as I already said, so the few little slip ups can be well overlooked. There are plenty of choices from early bird,set menu and a la carte. All menus are really good value. I can't wait to go to the restaurant again.

2 Thank janiel