“Superb!”

Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend treated me to a birthday dinner here and all the positive things I've heard about the restaurant are true. Food was amazing. Very charming staff. We'll have to go back real soon.

1  Thank Mary-Upton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,991)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My expectations were very high going to Chapter One and coming away from the experience I feel it didn't live up to my expectations. Granted the only thing I have to compare is a recent visit to Nevin Maguire's McNean Restaurant but for my money McNean House is better and the one I'll be returning to.
The breads to begin were fantastic particularly the brioche. My amuse-bouche - mushroom consume - was out of this world. But my appetiser was overpowered with onions. My main had too much going on - too many flavours and too sweet overall. Desserts were fantastic. I can see why this restaurant/chef has won awards and was expecting the best food of my life but I was let down by my main and have enjoyed the food better elsewhere.

3  Thank thep0stman
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Four of us had a booking for a Saturday night in chapter one. From the moment we entered and were greeted by the maître d in a friendly welcoming manner we felt it could be a very good night. We had the four course meal and whilst the Michelin star menu seemed to have limited choice for the less adventurous eater there was still something to suit all tastes. Our waiter was friendly and helpful without being ott and was able to give any information we required about the menu readily. The food itself was divine from starter to desert ant the Irish coffee made table side was a highlight you do not want to miss. Overall the experience was flawless. If I had any negatives it would be the cost once you have had a couple of glasses of wine but I suspect that is very much the norm for such fine dining. You will definitely enjoy the experience!

1  Thank Der M
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Close to many of Dublin's most visited sites: O Connell Street, the General Post Office, the Garden of Remembrance, the Hugh Lane gallery, and the Gresham Hotel,Chapter One is a fine restaurant and a visit here is truly a culinary experience. The dining room is opulent but user friendly, the food is sublime and the service is impeccable but not obtrusive. The wine list is well judged and thoughtfully assembled and a white Vouvray from the Loire was delicious especially when matched with the perfectly cooked and well presented ray wing. Cynics say that Michelin starred restaurants tend to tickle the palate rather than fill the stomach. Our palates were certainly tickled and our appetites suitably satisfied

1  Thank DCHPORTVENDRES
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visited Chapter One for the first time last week and had the tasting menu with accompanying wines costing 80 euros per person. From start - and by that I mean the telephone booking with Sharon - to Martins warm greeting and through every one of the amazing courses this was an outstanding gastronomic experience. The menu was imaginative with superb presentation and every course was wonderfully cooked. Service was immaculate and I cannot wait to return to this restaurant as soon as possible! The lunch tasting menu in what is a Michelin starred restaurant represents probably the best combination of food, wine and value I have had anywhere in any country.