“Lovely Irish Food”

The Boxty House
Ranked #84 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood, Irish, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our restaurant has been at the beating heart of a dynamic, contemporary community for over 25 years. Our customers experience a genuine taste of modern Ireland, full of eclectic talking points and the warmth of that country kitchen down the west. Today, our restaurant caters for up to 2000 local and international customers a week. The relaxed, warm atmosphere provides a natural habitat for conversation to flow easily and to share stories. Come join us in the heart of Temple Bar, and discover what it means to be Irish. Totally Irish.
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely Irish Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I live in Dublin for 12 years and have never been to Gallagher's, but when I had visitors over for the Paddy's weekend I thought it would be a good idea to visit the restaurant to get my guests to eat some Irish food. And a good idea it was. The restaurant is really cosy. The menu is extensive and there is something for everyone. Some of us had the 3 course menu for €25.50, which I think is really good value. Most of our group had a boxty for a main course, which they loved. I had the stew platter, which I thought was great and gave me a chance to try the different stews.
Service was also great and our waiter (I think his name was Wayne) was really lovely and friendly.
I recommend Gallagher's Boxty House to anyone who would like to eat some good Irish food and would definitely go back. In fact, I have already made another reservation to bring another visitor at the end of the month.

• Visited March 2013
BoxtyHouse, Public Relations Manager at The Boxty House, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Well better late than never as the old saying goes. We are just happy to hear that when you finally got the chance to visit we were able to impress.
We have passed on your kind words to Wayne.
Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor and we really appreciate your recommending us to others. Hopefully it won't be another 12 years before you visit again!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“You made me an Irish Creme fan!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Fun place to eat- everyone in the resturant was enjoying their meals and it was quite lively. Sevice is fantastic- so friendly and on top of every detail. My kids loved their food and had ordered dessert. I am not a fan of Irish Creme or even cheesecake so when it came I opted out- however the raves at the table were too much so I took a bite- WOW I really was surprised at the texture and taste of this dessert- it was nothing like I have tasted before. The waiter saw my disappointment that my table was enjoying dessert but I had opted out and brought me out a piece! Which of course I devoured! If you want a nice relaxing, but fun atmoshpere with good food, an outstanding dessert with fabulous service dont miss out on this place! Afterwards you can walk around the streets which are lined with all sorts of shops.

• Visited December 2012
What can we say, our Baileys Cheesecake is magic!
We have had people who claim to be 'too stuffed to eat another morsel' gobble up a whole slice to themselves and we have also witnessed couples go through 3 portions of cheesecake after their meals!!!!

If you fancy trying to make it at home e mail us at info@boxtyhouse.ie and the chef may be willing to release the 'secret' recipe!
Antrim
“Boxty wot is boxty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

walk in on a sat eve , thanks to the rain and rugby
seats available,
what can i say simply ------Delicious

seafood chowder followed by chicken boxty, flavoursome and Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm moreish

Not cheap but you get what you pay for

• Visited March 2013
As you said, you get what you pay for in The Boxty House. We offer good quality Irish homecooked food at the lowest prices we can, and we also have several value menus running throughout the day so we hope there is something for everyone.
We were very happy to read you found our food Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!
Thats what we aim for!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review a TripAdvisor, we hope to see you again in the future.
Criccieth, United Kingdom
“Excellent traditional irish restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Found this place on tripadvisor so thought we'd try it for ourselves and we were blown away! Had to wait 10 minutes before being seated but this was understandable as we hadn't booked. Atmosphere was excellent! I had the Tian of Crab & Smoked Salmon starter which was very tasty. Main course, I had the Gaelic Boxty Pancake which I requested to be cooked 'medium' and it was cooked to perfection, very tasty and all the elements of the dish went together fastastically! My partner had Sirloin steak and hers was also cooked to perfection. The service we received from our waiter Clint was top class, he was very busy but still had time to make us feel very welcome and tend to our every need! Next time we're in Dublin we'll definitely be back! Thanks

• Visited March 2013
Happy to read your experience with us was so extraordinary! We have a great team working for us and reviews like this really make their hard work worth while. We have passed on your regards to the chefs and your server Clint. We all look forward to your next visit.
“Great food and great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I visited Gallaghers on a recent trip to Dublin. From a review on Trip Advisor, we booked a table, which was great advice as the restaurant was heaving! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were seated fairly quickly and the service was excellent. We opted for the €25.50 menu which we thought was good value. The food was delicious, the portions were quite large and extremely filling but the surroundings and the atmosphere were the things that made it a memorable visit. This place is definitely worth a visit and we will certainly come again on our next trip to Dublin.

Pauline and Gary Barnes
Middlesbrough, England.

Thanks for the great review, delighted to hear you and your husband enjoyed your meal so much that you are already thinking of returning! We look forward to serving you again.