“Avoid this place”
Review of Hogan's

Hogan's
Ranked #1,580 of 2,640 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This pub used to be good but has completely lost it. No atmosphere, rude staff and the clear smell of people smoking weed. This is not a good representation of a Dublin pub, best avoided. If you want a good pint and a great Dublin pub atmosphere head to The Long Hall, Keogh's, O'Donohues, Mc Daids, Sheehans to name but a few. Dublin has a lot better to offer.

1  Thank Monty2212
There are newer reviews for Hogan's

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Popped in here on a damp Friday afternoon on recommendation.. Pleasant interior with big windows to watch the world pass by. Only a couple of Customers though. Fine by me as I was looking for a quite relaxing drink. Good comprehensive selection of beers, wines and spirits.
On returning later that evening the place was heaving! Typical Friday night Pub scene with, loud music. Clearly a popular haunt.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I like to seat at one of the tables which look out onto George's street and enjoy a pint on an afternoon.

The clientele is eclectic, and relaxed and the service is good.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Hogan's used to be a buzzy place but now is behind the scene, was there on a evening for business, no attempt to engage with the customer, dated surroundings and then flash the lights for last call - a service element would have been to go around to each table and enquire for last round.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

To be honest Hogan's might have got 2 stars if it wasn't for the smug staff in the downstairs bar. Surprised by the cost of a a round I queried the cost with the barman as I did not get a receipt. this was obviously to the displeasure of the barman who gave me a euro and told me to get lost. To be honest I was shocked and commented on his rudeness and poor customer service skills. He looked at me , smiled, and took the drinks back and returned the money i had given him.. He then waved at two bouncers who swiftly walked over and asked me to leave. I explained the situation and the fact that being the one to have convinced a group of 7 who had just gone for a meal to have a few pints after, It would be quite embarrassing. I was told: "sorry he's the manager". Needless to say it ruined everybodys night.. I can honestIy say I was never asked to leave a bar before and its not the nicest feeling in the world. The barman's behaviour was unnecessary and bad for business, and APPALLING to be honest. If he worked me I would sack him on the spot. I would love to say I will never go there again but having a lot of friends who go there I may have no choice some day (if i get in..:-)) but I will certainly do my best to avoid it from now on.

4  Thank padDublin d