“Good Pub”
Review of Hogan's

Hogan's
Ranked #1,286 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 17 January 2014

It's a nice place for a pint, especially in the afternoon or early evening when it is still relatively quiet.The Guinness is good here too. It's always got a good atmosphere and can get buzzing later on in the evening.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Been there. To start a evening. After a christmas party. Stopped by between two bars. Had a break there during a photo walk. I don"t know how many times I've been there (my credit card bill would know), but if you are looking for a straight forward bar, this is your place.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We went for new years eve there, the place wasnt even full, and the security guy that was staying at the front door not in the george street but on the otherside. He was extremely rude, pointed his hand showing us we could not go in even though my two other friends he let freely go in. He said some swear words to us and my friends that were in had to go out as we wanted to stay together for the night and spend this at hogans, hoping that it was a nice place to go. We were extremely bad threated by the security guy. Its unacceptable the behaviour of the guy and ill make sure none of my friends will EVER go inside this place again. Its the worse in te world. And the worse ive ever been too. I was never so bad threated in my whole entire life as i was there. Make sure you never go there. Very dissapointed with service and behaviour of the staff.

1  Thank Emilymweb
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Love this bar,it feels like a local bar except you are in the city centre.
The type of crowd you get is normally 30 and upwards.with a mixture of Dubs,country people and foreigners.
Has a nightclub downstairs which is ok but normally stay upstairs as it opens till late.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

As a tourist I was itching to get away from the horrible temple bar area........ Hogans was lovely a slice of perfect Dublin with a great clientele, expensive drinks and surroundings to match. This was what I was after so it was perfect from what I remember of it. Great dance floor downstairs and open till late. A must visit for people on a long city break at the weekend.