“Food Good Service Poor”

Jaipur
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience an exotic blend of taste, texture and form that encompasses a wealth of regional specialities dictated by climate, location and culinary tradition. Jaipur takes basic indian cookery as its starting point and then reinvents, recreates and exploits it in ways that are really exciting.
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I ate here once before, it was nice enough the portions were not overly generious, just enough to feed me, I went back another time but I had missed the early bird by 5 minutes & they wouldn't offer me the rates, so I was disappointed & left opportunity missed I felt, better my cash in their till than in my pocket for the sake of 5 minutes.

Santosh M, Manager at Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Alan O
I am disappointed to note that you were not entirely happy with your recent visit with us.
I would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience.
I would also recommend you to check with the manager on your next visit as junior staff are not authorized to make any changes to the rules.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Visited on a Thursday night with my wife. Restaurant crowded but not packed. Shown to our table by a charming attentive man who I assume is the manager. Had the prawns for a starter and they were so tasty. Lamb for my main course was also perfectly cooked and presented. Can't remember what the missus had but she was raving about both her starter and main course. One of the discoveries of the night was the superb Lebanese red wine recommended by the manager. I will definitely be returning here.

Dear PepsiBurke,
Thank you for your comments on Trip advisor. We are very delighted to see that you had an enjoyable experience at Jaipur. We look forward to hosting you at Jaipur in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Elegant, stylish surroundings make for a wonderful setting to a wonderful Indian meal, fit for kings. Jaipur was recommended to us by an Indian receptionist at our hotel and we are so glad we listened. We have returned here on several occasions and it never disappoints. Highly recommended!

Dear michelasp,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Delightful Indian restaurant with a range of regional specialities. Goan Fish Curry was pretty good, if a little sparse on the fish content. Would have benefitted from a little more seafood, and a little less sauce. Green chutney excellent!

Dear johnnysailorboy,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Came here on sat night with a friend. I am only new to trying Indian food but I loved here.
Great choices on the menu. Portion sizes were perfect. Service was great. Can't wait to try here again.

Santosh M, Manager at Jaipur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014