“THIS LITTLE CELLAR IS MORE THAN A WINE BAR, IT IS A MARVELLOUS FRENCH RESTAURANT.”
Review of La Cave

La Cave
Ranked #281 of 2,758 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$17 - US$44
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Intimate basement bar and restaurant serving over 350 wines and classic French food. First floor function room available free of charge for parties or wine tastings. We hold open social wine tasting evenings and organise private tutored wine tasting events for groups.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My wife an I had dinner in La Cave in South Anne Street.
For starters we had the Crab Tart and Baked Goat's Cheese. Scrumptious!
Our mains were Confit of Duck and Sirloin Steak with Pepper Sauce. Both were cooked beautifully and we enjoyed them.
We had Tarte Tatin and Creme Brulee for dessert. Both were delicious.
We had 3 glasses of the house Red Wine, and coffee.
All in all we enjoyed the meal.
The staff were courteous and the ambiance was Tres Francaise.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

In Dublin last week from Vancouver, Canada, had dinner at this delightful french restaurant.Would never have known it was there except for my family telling me about it.
The ambience is superb, the food good, it it not far off Grafton Street. Recommend going for a romantic evening and other.

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

This is thee cutest restaurant I have ever been to. Down a flight of stairs you are enveloped in Paris . Everything is perfect . Ambience , music , menu. I love it all. While I eat alone here quite often , it is very romantic . A wonderful place on a cold, wet day . Everything I have ever eaten here has been wonderful. Staff very nice as well.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Was here recently and was definitely underwhelmed. The food was pretty average - my starter was fine (crab tart) but the main and dessert were both pretty terrible. I ordered lamb and asked for it rare, I was told they only cook it medium (which was a bit unusual) but when it arrived it was bland and extremely overdone. It was dark grey and tasteless, and was served on a bed of boring potato mash with roast peppers, which completely overpowered the dish. The type of food you'd be happy to eat in someone's home, but definitely not something you'd like to pay for. The dessert (lemon tart) was even worse - soggy pastry with a bitter, runny filling. Service was slow, the waiters were all very friendly but it was just a bit all over the place (cutlery arriving a good bit after the food, having to pester for water/more drinks). Just a bit of a wasted night out.

1  Thank Aoife C
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stumbled on this oasis of calm by mistake, and how glad we were.

A bit cramped but great produce well cooked. This was our first night in Dublin and Le Cave set us up well.

Ardennes Pate that tasted of something, so unlike the bland smooth substance that often masquerades as this classic Belgian dish. A rack of Wexford lamb cooked to perfection seasoned perfectly and served with a minimum of fuss.

All round a pleasure to eat here