“Great service, very so so food”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #363 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This restaurant is a real legend in Dublin, so after listening to many stories decided to dine there.The place is very nice and the service was superb, but at the end of the day we came to enjoy nice food, which was absolutely nothing special,no flavor what so ever, maybe the chef had a bad day :(

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a fantastic find this restaurant was! An altogether fantastic dining experience. Our party of five loved the food, and the service was great. Very attentive without being intrusive. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our hotel was around the corner and this place appeared to be good. Wow, we were wrong. And actually on our way out, we turned away colleagues.

Everything went wrong. It took forever for one of the waiters to come over, and after we finally ordered our shared appetizer (shrimp and scallops), it was bad. The seafood had gone bad and had a distinct ammonia odor. Seriously, I cannot believe they served it. As soon as I pointed it out to the server, they took it away. Our main meals were okay - not great. But then it took forever to get our second round of drinks.

The restaurant said they would take the appetizer off our bill, plus give us the 2nd round of very late drinks for free. When we got the bill, they charged us for coffee and dessert we never had!! At that point, we just paid up and left - which is probably what they wanted.

We met colleagues at the door, and said you are better off having a pub meal elsewhere. I cannot believe I paid 100 euros for such a lousy meal. This place is a total rip-off.

1  Thank jtwiz
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I dined at the Lobster Pot on my first night in Dublin..it was incredible! I loved the wine selections, the fresh fish choices and OMG the dessert trolley was to die for. The service was that of a 5 star restaurant. I loved the small intimate feeling of this place. I only wish I were staying in Dublin longer so I could return here again and again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We celebrated our 38th Wedding Anniversary on a trip to Dublin in April 14 with friends. It was a fantastic evening of good food, well presented and in a beautiful setting, (it was like being in a small private dinning room). As you can see from the photos the fresh fish choice was fantastic and the desert trolley was a delight. The service was almost one to one without being over the top. It was good value for money considering the quality of the food and its presentation.