“great place to relax”

Price range: US$13 - US$52
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ryan’s of Parkgate Street has been a landmark Victorian public house in Dublin since 1886 located at the front gate of the Phoenix Park. It has had many famous patrons thorughout it's years including George W. Bush Junior and Senior who both drank here together and also John F. Kennedy. Ryan's was bought by F.X.BUCKLEY Restaurants in 2006 and since then has been serving fabulous FXB quality food, not only do we serve our famous steaks but a full Gastro Bar menu which recommends the best beer for each dish.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

went to ryans on 2 occasions, 1st time we had a nice steak and rump roast the steak was good but little expensive about $37 australian for about 200g,the second time we had flambe kidneys and seafood chowder,the kidneys were to die for, the chowder ok but i would reccomend ryans anyday

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had both lunch and dinner at Ryan's and both were nothing short of excellent! We also enjoyed evening drinks in the bar. The staff, both in the bar and the restaurant could not have been more friendly and helpful! Recommend Highly!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Look, this isn't fine dining, but the not everyone is in to that. Sometimes you just want to be fed. I visited Ryans of Parkgate St. FXB's is above the pub. Ryan's itself s a lovely Victorian pub and I highly recommend it.
The restaurant is fine, perhaps could have done with one more waiter/waitress, but then it did fill unexpectedly.
I had a Sunday Times 'dine out for two' promotional voucher. This was flagged when I made my reservation. Despite this the manageress seemed to be surprised when I produced the voucher even though it was her I made my reservation with.She then proceeded to lecture ME on what i 'should' have done. Not good enough I'm afraid.
Other than that, the kidneys,scallops and steak were good and I was happy,i not overwhelmed with the meal.
I didn't stay for dessert, thanks to the song & dance made out of the voucher.

1  Thank Endecot
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent food. This place was always busy during our visit to Dublin. Great chicken wings. ----------------------- ---------------

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 11 June 2014

An interesting if brief menu - but the beef was marvelous, the service cheery and the prices reasonable - and then an hour downstairs in the traditional bar watching life go by!

1  Thank Euan W