“James Brown is the man!”
Review of Slattery's

Slattery's
Ranked #508 of 2,731 Restaurants in Dublin
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My girlfriend and I went here on Sunday night on the back of advice received from the band we had watched perform at the Arlington.

It was my birthday night out (we were over from Yorkshire for the weekend for my birthday) and Slattery's left us with fantastic memories, thanks mainly to the one and only James Brown and his karaoke show!

It was a priveledge to have the same birthday as him, and he even gave us both a slice of his cake to enjoy :)

1  Thank nmcq87

Reviewed 7 December 2013

enjoyed a few drinks on a Friday afternoon. Nice staff and very nice guiness. We didn't have food but the lovely smells have made us decide to come back and eat another time.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

One of the best Bars on Capel street. Great crack on Sunday nights with James Brown and the all singing all dancing care bears. Food is goood and drink is nice. Loads of big screens (I believe 11). Once home of the best trad and folk music in Dublin.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Slattery's on Capel is not what we expected, but it was pretty good. The fry up was good, especially the pudding. The coffee was alright at best, BUT where else in the world can you get a Guinness with your breakfast?

There were no other tourists there, but rather a few friendly regulars stopping in for a pint at 10 am on a Thursday!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Anthony Bourdain started of one of his shows about Dublin with breakfast at Slattery's. What he was served and what I got were miles apart, so be warned. Don't go there with any expectation the meal will be like the one he was served.

Now, to the meal. Toast was plain, white, square shaped packaged bread from the supermarket. That screams, 'I dont care what's being served'. Breakfast didn't recover from that insult. Anyone can fry and egg, black pudding, and bacon. It was an average meal, all the more disappointing because I was expecting excellent.