“Great evening out with friends” 4 of 5 bubbles

Thunder Road Cafe
Ranked #461 of 2,529 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, International, Grill, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Co Dublin
“Great evening out with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We ate here on Tuesday evening with friends. It is in the heart of Temple Bar Dublin. We were seated immediately. It is an American Diner style restaurant, hence quite loud music. The menu is extensive, with something to suit everyone. The food was delicious. The service was very good & my partner was given an ice cream with sparklers as it was his birthday. The waiting staff sang Happy Birthday to him as well. He was very embarrassed. The only downside were the cocktails. I had a house cocktail which was served in a tumbler & looked & tasted like a coloured lemonade. I had one of the menu next & although it was served in a cocktail glass it wasn't much better. I think wine or lager would have been the better & cheaper option! Having said that, we will definitely go again. The atmosphere is fantastic. It is advisable to book.

• Visited July 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

After a busy day my husband was hungry, me not so much, I really just wanted a drink and a small snack. We were seated quickly and asked for a drink order, I ordered just a plain soda water and requested nothing at all in it, no ice, no lemon or lime...it arrived with both, when i said I had asked for there to be nothing in it the waitress took it away and removed the ice but it still returned with lemon. We ordered two starters, ribs and nachos and just one main, fajitas for my husband, stating that I would just take my time over the starter and not to hold my husbands main waiting for me...we again had to ask for his plate to be taken as they were waiting for me to finish. When his main arrived I asked for another soda water...I'm still waiting for it. The food was very tasty but the service was pretty poor.

• Visited July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Dinner and drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

American themed restaurant like Hard Rock Cafe - food is gorgeous!!! Not over priced and the cocktails are gorgeous!!! Will be back! :)

Visited July 2013
dublin
“cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

SO WE DECIDED TO POP INTO THUNDER ROAD FOR A TREAT. BIG MISTAKE. starter to share garlic bread very small portion. my wife had chicken strips and fries she was happy with her main course. so my dinner well home on the range burger and fries cold burger cold fries cold eggs.. I didant send it back was not going to wait.. so I ate 10 percent of the burger and the fries . I got a second drink and the server took my wifes unfinished drink not good,,, when she took my plate never asked about my food ..I was not happy we paid and left

• Visited June 2013
Galway, Ireland
“pleasant restaurant waiting staff,extremely rude bar staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

I found the food to be ok if it had came altogether I had Salmon brought to me and 2 mins later my mash followed and 5 mins after here comes my veg,to be fair to the waiting staff they were very apologies. Perhaps it would be unkind of me to brand all the bar staff rude but the evening of monday the 3rd of june 2013 I was very unlucky to encounter the bar man when i first arrived at the Thunder Road Cafe at approx 18 40 pm I did not complain or even mention it to my fellow pals who were with me because I did not wish to dampen our evening but I was shocked at how rude and unprofessional this man was he should really find another profession.
The rest of evening I just tried to enjoy the evening which I sucessfully did because the dj played great music so it wasnt all bad there after all.

• Visited June 2013