“Good food and service.”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Visited the Thunder Road Cafe at the weekend with my wife and two children on a groupon deal. We were early however we were seated straight away. The service was excellent, especially given the place was so busy, and the food was great. Will definately return next time i'm in Dublin.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

From the moment we entered we loved it, my gf loves motorbikes and the whole place is adorned with motorbikes and memorabilia.

We were sat at a table by a very pleasant hostess.Within a couple of minutes our server Ciera (I think) came to ask us for a drinks order. When these arrived she took our food order which arrived in good time considering they were very busy. The food was fantastic and very tasty and the cocktails were marvellous.

A must visit when in Dublin and a big credit to Ciera who is a fantastic, knowledgeable and excellent server and made our dining experience. (We were the couple from East Yorkshire, UK and you said our accents sounded like Thomas the Tank engine....lol)

Reviewed 6 August 2013

When a groupon came up for Thunder Road Cafe - we jumped at it. It's been years since I was there last, but I remember an extensive menu and everything tasting really good.

We went at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon and it was nice and quiet. By the time we left, the restaurant was filling up. We had chili and cheese nachos and sunset chicken strips, followed by bangers and mash and sizzling beef. We were trying to spend our voucher, so my husband had a milkshake with his main course (it wouldn't be my choice, but he enjoyed it!) and dessert was caramel crunch and chocolate brownie. It was all very tasty. And the service was excellent.

We ended up in town the following weekend and decided to go back. We arrived around 3pm on a Sunday. The place was hopping. We didn't have to wait and got a really good table. Within half an hour, people had to wait at the bar, but the staff were very efficient and people were constantly being called to their tables.

This time, we had chilli and cheese nachos and potato skins, followed by chicken supreme and the US burger and wedges. The chicken, mash and veg was amazing - and was full of flavour. The burger was massive - and again, very tasty. I couldn't finish it! We skipped dessert this time as there was no room left. Service was excellent again.

We'll be back!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Great place. Hubby and I visit here everytime we go to Dublin. In fact, for weeks before we go, its all he talks about :) We just love getting a window seat and watching people pass by. There's always a great atmosphere here. The food is much better during the day though, when they're not so busy, BIG difference in it at nightime when they're swamped. There's always a great buzz in here. Its the first place we stop off at when we're in the city.

Its got it all, hen parties and stag parties, but families eat here as well, its suitable for everyone. Prices are in line with other eateries in the area.

I have to make special mention of one of their staff members in particular. Shane. Works very hard, and made special fuss of us when we told him how much we loved the place. Really went out of his way to keep us happy. He's a great asset to this establishment. I have worked in customer care myself and I notice the little things which all add up. If anyone in management ever read these reviews I hope he gets a little pat on the back for his manner. Shane, if you read this, Pauline and Dessie said hi :) Hope to see you again.

1  Thank beckybooireland
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Was here on a Saturday night, place was packed, great atmosphere, food was really good and our waitress Laura Mc was brilliant, she wasn't over bearing like some but visited us enough times to make sure we had all we needed! Can't wait to return.