“Very nice Lunch Bento”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 8 August 2014

During my stay in Dublin, I went to Yamamori for pretty much every lunch, each time ordering a "Lunch Bento", which is different from day to day.

Very tasty food, great quality of products, and a good price as well. The atmosphere is very nice, and the service quite fast as well, some of the waiter might be a bit cold at times, which is really the only bad thing at Yamamori.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We decided to go all out and try something different. Great atmosphere with lovely food and cocktails and great service although unfortunately it wasn't really to our taste so probably wouldnt return but would still recommend.

Yamamori D, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Pinkylee21

Thanks very much for your review. We are happy to have offered you your first Japanese cuisine experience. If sushi isn't for you, we recommend you try some of our hot dishes which include chicken, beef and even our famous Izakaya burger. We have something to suit everyone's taste buds here, so feel free to ask your server for advice if you do pop in again in the future. :)

All the best,
the Yamamori Team

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Table for 2, Sunday evening, restaurant was very quiet.
1 x Bento Box, 1 x Cha han.
Bento-Tuna salad was good,Sushi tasted of the fridge and rice was really dry, Miso was luke warm, fish was well overcooked, chicken spring rolls were sour. Would have been great value if everything was fine.
Cha han was very oily, prawns were good but thats about it and it wouldn't come near Wagamama's version for flavour or price.
Biggest issues were with the attitude of both the waiter and manager when I complained about the spring rolls.
They were brought back to the kitchen and the manager returned saying that they were fine and it was cheese that I was tasting. If that was the case then the cheese was sour !!!!
Cheese is salty - not sour -fact.
After 37 years of working in kitchens I think that I know when something is sour.
At this stage my wife cut her lip on her wine glass as there was a chip out of it.
When I brought this to the attention of the waiter and asked him to make sure the wine glass was binned he muttered " yea relax" as he walked away from the table.
We paid the bill in full and left.
At no stage did anyone enquire if my wife's lip was ok or even apologise for serving our wine in a chipped glass.
As we were leaving the restaurant we could see the manager wiping the spring rolls off the specials blackboard and replacing them with pork belly.....I wonder why ?
It's no wonder that it is so quiet on a Sunday while everywhere else was really busy..
I have eaten in this restaurant on numerous occasions in the past but after this experience I will never be back.
Worst meal experience in a long long time.

3  Thank Derek148
YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hi Derek,

Firstly we'd like to sincerely apologise for your bad experience with us on Sunday last. We take customer feedback and complaints very seriously here and we're in the process of reviewing what went wrong when you dined with us. It seems you had a very unpleasant visit which met standards far lower than what we would usually pride ourselves on providing.

Please let me assure you that we've taken your review very seriously and we'll be reviewing each aspect of what went wrong with your visit with staff from the floor, bar, and kitchen. I'll be in contact directly once we've spoken with the relevant staff from the evening.

Again, please accept our apologies and extend the same to your wife, and thanks for having brought this to our attention.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Love Yamamori, great food and always great value, especially the Bento Box. Open all day which is really handy. Staff always friendly and the service is always quick, food simply comes out when it is ready. Lots of options on the menu so there is always something for everyone to try, they don't make a big deal if you want to change a dish a little. All in all a top notch restaurant right in the center of town.

YamamoriNoodles, Manager at Yamamori Noodles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thanks Arudek

We are very happy you enjoy our food, and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I like all three of these places in Dublin but I think I like the atmosphere in this one the best. The spider rolls are to beat anywhere in the world and the special bento box always has a surprise worth trying! Staff great too. always.

Thanks Ruairi!
We particularly love your description 'yamayumminess'! That one should be added to the dictionary ;) We hope to see you again soon.